Just off 12-4 coral Princess should consider

harry

I have to say I cannot understand why Princess goes through such an effort in taking pictures everywhere and then it seem like they throw out a very large percentage. Wouldnt it make send to charge less for each picture and make it up in volume instead of gouging the public on each picture? I have bought plenty on previous cruises (actually hate the 6x8 format which is hard to buy frames for) but would have bought more on this cruise too if they werent so expensive.

Princess I believe would sell more and waste less which would help profit and the environement if they were concerned about either

Instead of wasting all that print paper why not set up 6 to 10 computer kiosks that could be rolled out each dayor night and have the pictures available at all times so everyone can see the picture anytime

they could be sorted and easily found (first sitting, welcome onboard between 2-3 etc.)

the photographers would not need to put them up and take them down all the time.

no waste of paper

no wasted time?

How many would be more ship taken picture if they were less expensive?

Thanks

Considering how crowded the photo gallery gets, I doubt 6-10 kiosks would be sufficient. I think they would need a lot more than that in order to accomodate everybody. People complain that the area is crowded as it is and that lines can get long at the checkout. If you had to wait in line to view your photos as well, I think that would be too much. They would probably sell less than they do now.

I think if they were to go to a computerized approach, it would have to be viewable from your stateroom televison.

can you just imagine how long it would take to view pictures on a monitor or on the tv screen in the cabin?....you sure could not "scan" them with your eyes as fast as you can now....or have one person start at one end, and the other start at the opposite end.

having said that, fighting the crowds is a pain, also.

just off the Golden Princess last week and found the photo gallery personnel to be rude and obnoxious. They don't close off the area while they place the pictures out for display and then get upset when people are trying to look at them because the gallery isn't really open at the time. Twice we had the experience of the gallery people shouting at passengers to get away from the racks because they weren't ready. That type of behavior is totally unacceptable.

Rob

We were on the Sea in November and the photo people couldn't have been nicer. My friend and one of them had a lengthy conversation about camera equipment etc. On formal night I said that my kids (grown) were complaining that they didn't have nice picture of me and I wanted the phptographer to take a shot from the chest up and to make me look great. Well, she did a fabulous job and I ended up getting the picture and a really nice frame for $29.00. I can't do that well at Wal-Mart.

Photo departments on cruise are concessions. Employees work on commission (with some salaried) and have to supply thier own uniforms, camera body, pay for initial work physical, passport, initial flight to home base, etc. Ships gets thier cut to cover cost of floorspace, room and board. Photo companies and crusie lines have probably looked into kiosks, dierct rom viewing etc. and found it not profitable. I have a feeling the cost of those pictures is less then 1 dollar each. True there is a lot of waste and some environmental issues, but I bet the profit margine is really high.

Archived