First time cruising on the Escape Dec 30th. Questions

tmorin

Hey everybody,

My girlfriend and I are going on our first cruise in 9 days! We are taking the Escape and I had a couple of questions before we go.

1.) For money on board did you take cash and put it on your account on the boat, use a debit card, or use a credit card?

2.) Is the Vibe beach club worth it?

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated!

Have a great holiday :D

1. Credit card and pay it when I get home. I refuse to link a debit card in a situation that involves holds and the such and carrying that much cash for me is pointless since I have a card I can use.

2. For me....no. I still find plenty of other cool stuff to do on the ship. It is full of things and I still think there are things left for me to do at this point. I may consider it later when I am looking for a new experience if we repeat on the Escape.

2.) Is the Vibe beach club worth it?

For your sailing, I believe yes. Since school is out, expect a large number of kids to be on your cruise.

If getting a VIBE pass is too difficult, consider getting Spa access. The cost is higher but there is less risk in getting access to the Spa. The 3rd option would be to spend time in Spice H20 (adult-only during the day/no cost) and the 4th option would be to use the forward pool (adult-only during the day/no cost).

We always use our credit card for our onboard account. Those that have used debit cards have said there's a hold on the money in your account for a few weeks (not sure how much the hold is, but it seems significant enough that enough people are surprised by it), and it's on the bank as to when they release the hold, not NCL. So if you use a debit card, be aware of that.

We've never tried for Vibe passes, but like the previous poster said, with the high number of kids likely to be on your sailing, it would probably be worth it.

Have a great time on your first cruise! We love the Escape!