how long to stone island?

daisee

The water taxi to Stone Island is (maybe) a five minute ride - very quick! As to how often they come, I think they just go back and forth and since there are many of them, the wait is not long (at least it wasn't when we were there!)

The Elation June 22, 2003
[url="http://community.webshots.com/user/jenmoreno"]http://community.webshots.com/user/jenmoreno[/url]

• 4 months later...
We are on the Diamond in November and our teenagers really want to do an ATV trip. Does anyone have any advice on who do go through? The one through Princess requires the kids to be at least 18 and ours are only 17!

Has anyone done it? Did you like it??? :confused:

I really don't remember how long the land taxi part was - no more than 5-10 minutes. We were with Randi's horse tour and she had arranged and paid for all the transportation from/to the ship.

The place where you got on the water taxi was interesting. It's where all the fisherman arrived with their catches. They cleaned and weighed their fish right there. There were pelicans everywhere. The fisherman would just toss the scraps and the pelicans would go after them. There were some very rusted old large boats off to the side and Randi said they were shrimp boats. I was a bit embarassed because I asked if they still used them and she said of course. My teens and I were amazed!

There are quite a few ATV tours in Vallarta. Most will not let anyone drive unless they are aged 16 and have a valid driver's license as you may have to travel on some main roads. Most will require a major credit card in case there is any damage to the vehicle as well.

Be sure to pack some old clothes and shoes as you will get very dirty/and/or muddy, and I suggest you pack a bandana to use as a face mask to keep the dust out of your mouth/nose/lungs. You may also want to pack a change of clothes in case you plan on going anywhere else after, or if you get really muddy, many taxi drivers may not be too thrilled to pick you up:)

have fun!

Archived