What Made You Dislike This Cruise?

asctony

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays!!

Yes, we can always have a glitch on a cruise. Some are valid problems, many may not be. It is what you think and what you do that may make it even worse. Unless it affects your safe-being, health or total cruise, enjoy it for what it is.

Cruising has changed over the years. Tips increasing, ships bigger, food quality, etc.

We were on the Divina in Nov 2017. Attended the Black Card Party. They brought drinks around and the wife wanted a Beringer Zinfindel. They ask for our cruise card since that was not being served.

OK, here is my card - what next?

1. Would I have to pay for the cheapest glass of wine on the ship since it wasn't being served at the party?

2. Was it that the server(s) wasn't informed that a request could be honored?

3. Or were they verifying that we were Black Card members even though you had to show your cards upon entering Black and White Lounge?

Never found out the answer for this. Did it upset me? In a way I was surprised at being asked for my Cruise Card. This was done twice that evening by two different servers.

Yes, the next day I did ask the Guest Services Manager of why? Never did get an answer. We had the beverage package so it made no difference. What would have happened if we did not have a beverage package? Would they have charged me for two cheap glasses of wine?

Did it make me not want to cruise on MSC again? No, we are back on the Divina in Feb 2018.

Little things happen, don't make them into big things. JMHO!

When I recently cruised on Divina servers normally always asked for our CC, even though we had the Premium All-Inclusive (536) package.

I think the likelihood is that cards are needed to be swiped through the console, firstly to process the order itself and secondly to record stock levels. By the same token if you purchase something that is buy one get one free, the ‘free’ item will still need to be scanned/recorded.

I wouldn’t take it personally!

When I recently cruised on Divina servers normally always asked for our CC, even though we had the Premium All-Inclusive (536) package.

I think the likelihood is that cards are needed to be swiped through the console, firstly to process the order itself and secondly to record stock levels. By the same token if you purchase something that is buy one get one free, the ‘free’ item will still need to be scanned/recorded.I wouldn’t take it personally!

I didn't take it personally. However, you are describing a normal ordering a drink policy. To clarify what I said, we were at the Black Card party in the Black and White lounge. It was only for Black Card members, a private party. We were in the Aurora Category with the 431 package.So, if you are at a private party, why would they swipe your card to keep track of inventory? Totally different scenario.

My major point was to describe a condition which could have been another example of someone saying, because of this I will never cruise MSC again. Especially when no one could explain within reason why they asked for our cards once we were admitted to this private function. I even addressed this with the Guest Relation Manage who could not explain the reason why this happened.

Thanks for your interest and reply. Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays.

Little things happen, don't make them into big things. !

Merry Christmas asctony!

I love your quote and it is very true.

Every time either MSC or RC website crashes or goes wrong I transfer £10 into my savings account called “Yacht Club” £150 in 6 weeks [emoji3]

Merry Christmas asctony!

I love your quote and it is very true.

Every time either MSC or RC website crashes or goes wrong I transfer £10 into my savings account called “Yacht Club” £150 in 6 weeks [emoji3]

Try Celebrity site to increase you Quid. My shout! Cheers!

Our experience at the party....when we went to the Black Card party on the Divina earlier this year, my 12yo son asked for Sprite and we were charged to it. Certainly didn’t ruin our cruise, but the folks that were sitting with us did comment that they thought it was strange to be charged for something like that at the party.

Our experience at the party....when we went to the Black Card party on the Divina earlier this year, my 12yo son asked for Sprite and we were charged to it. Certainly didn’t ruin our cruise, but the folks that were sitting with us did comment that they thought it was strange to be charged for something like that at the party.

This is totally embarrassing or should be to MSC. Very poor considering the price of a can of pop.

This is totally embarrassing or should be to MSC. Very poor considering the price of a can of pop.

If you are asking for a drink that is not complimentary then you should be charged for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you are asking for a drink that is not complimentary then you should be charged for it.

Well for your information you are totally wrong! We have been on over 100 cruises, attended many private functions, are Elite+ on Celebrity, Diamond+ on RCI, Elite on Princess, etc.. and have never been asked to pay for a glass of cheap wine or a coke. Maybe you have. What do they consider complimentary? I you have the list of what is complimentary please provide it to us so we may let them know what we may order next time. LOL

Again, if a cruise line is that cheap to provide their top frequent cruisers a coke or wine, they need to file for bankruptcy.

Are you a stock holder? HumBug!!!!!!.

they need to file for bankruptcy.

Considering they just committed $30 Billion for ship newbuilds, I don't see that in their future. I do understand your frustration. We had a Beer, Wine and Cheese party for our group and it took an Act of God to get something non-alcoholic for those that didn't drink.

Bret

Considering they just committed $30 Billion for ship newbuilds, I don't see that in their future. I do understand your frustration. We had a Beer, Wine and Cheese party for our group and it took an Act of God to get something non-alcoholic for those that didn't drink. Bret

This is not reflected to you. I believe you totally missed the sarcasm. Why did it take an Act of God to get something non-alcoholic for those that didn't drink? Do you consider that good PR? You have confirmed why people do get upset with stupidity by any big corporation. MSC is one of the largest shipping corporations in the world.

I know the status of MSC as we have been cruising them since early 2006 in the Caribbean. I know they have 10 ships coming out within the next x years. We have 3 cruises booked with them for 2018 on 3 different ships. My point was that why would someone say that a cruise line should only give out certain drinks and charge for a coke or the cheapest glass of wine. What would you say or do if you asked for a coke at the Black Card private function and they made you pay for a coke or a cheap glass of wine?

There is no need for anyone to defend an act like that even the Guest Relations Manager could not answer or justify when we asked her about this. Why do people try to justify a stupid act?

To add to this:

We were in an Aurea cabin category. When I asked for a bar of face soap I was told that I could not have one as the only category that may get a bar of soap was the Yacht Club category. I should use the soap dispenser provided in the Bathroom. Never have I heard of any cruise line or ship not allowing a guest to obtain a bar of soap regardless of category. Have you? This is the truth. Well we did get a bar of soap after the Cabin Stewart cleared it with his Manager. What a joke!

Again, things happen, we consider how that may affect our cruise. We passed this off as stupidity or lack of training on their part. Many people would stop cruising MSC. We will not based on these two things. But, we don't only cruise MSC.

Why don't people on these forums accept people expressing the shortcomings they experienced? Instead, you have some that need to try to justify what happens even when they are not involved or have any knowledge of what transpired.

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to you and yours. Enjoy your cruises!!!

Well for your information you are totally wrong! We have been on over 100 cruises, attended many private functions, are Elite+ on Celebrity, Diamond+ on RCI, Elite on Princess, etc.. and have never been asked to pay for a glass of cheap wine or a coke. Maybe you have. What do they consider complimentary? I you have the list of what is complimentary please provide it to us so we may let them know what we may order next time. LOL

Again, if a cruise line is that cheap to provide their top frequent cruisers a coke or wine, they need to file for bankruptcy.

Wife got soda on Divina at private party no issue, no charge, no card, no batted eyelash, no problem, no worries. The events are the perfect time to voice a concern because they want to know what needs changing or improvement. Getting an NA drink should be as simple as the request sounds, I agree 100% with you there.

How can I get stock in this privately owned company?

All that I am saying is that I would expect to pay for something that wasn’t included/ offered as part of a party.

All that I am saying is that I would expect to pay for something that wasn’t included/ offered as part of a party.

They do not provide a list of what is offered like Celebrity does during their Happy Hour. Do you think they should charge or would you pay for a coke at this function?

I would not.

They do not provide a list of what is offered like Celebrity does during their Happy Hour. Do you think they should charge or would you pay for a coke at this function?

I would not.

I think they should provide a list of what is offered; clear communication is helpful

Are you a stock holder?

No stockholders. Family business.

And I also think it is totally normal that a order like yours is causing confusion. Of cause you could be charged for a coke or a Zinfandel at a "private function" if you don´t have a beverage package for this. If you want a glass of water at the "Voyager Club Members Party" certainly you will be charged for it because it is only the cocktails and non-alc cocktails that are free.

And as you cruised so many times with MSC you really should know that nobody at MSC cares at all about what is going on on the US, UK or German ships. And they live very good with this attitude I guess. Not knowing their books, family business as said.

Some of the comments are beyond belief.

'And I also think it is totally normal that a order like yours is causing confusion. Of cause you could be charged for a coke or a Zinfandel at a "private function" if you don´t have a beverage package for this. If you want a glass of water at the "Voyager Club Members Party" certainly you will be charged for it because it is only the cocktails and non-alc cocktails that are free.'

Confusion? You must be confused and 'private function' for Black Card members - you should be charged for a coke or Zinfandel if you don't have a beverage package?

How many of you would pay for these two items for this specific function?

This has turned into a no common sense debate. When you get charged for this, you can pay. I will NOT!

Never have and never will .

Thanks for your opinions.

Let's let this die or else we may be charged for too many comments. LOL

How many of you would pay for these two items for this specific function?

This has turned into a no common sense debate. When you get charged for this, you can pay. I will NOT!

Non of "us" will pay for this, because "we" know what is included and not. Or if somebody does not know he will ask. What the hell are you thinking? As a Black Card member you are not Royal Family or Sophia Loren, you are just a guest with some privileges because of being a loyal guest or anything else. If they give you a non included drink or the soap of the YC then it is just a friendly gesture.

Non of "us" will pay for this, because "we" know what is included and not. Or if somebody does not know he will ask. What the hell are you thinking? As a Black Card member you are not Royal Family or Sophia Loren, you are just a guest with some privileges because of being a loyal guest or anything else. If they give you a non included drink or the soap of the YC then it is just a friendly gesture.

I will reserve my comments to you as you are totally over the top! You are apparently so smart and know it all. Bye Bye you NEED Help!!!!

At a private function to which you are invited a member of the crew will come to you carrying a tray of drinks usually a glass of sparkling wine or a cocktail or something non alcoholic. You smile at the person serving you and gracefully accept one of the offered drinks or decline. Say thank you or no thank you.

If you want something else politely ask if it’s possible to have and say that you realise this probably has to be paid for or if you have a drink package ask for it to be added to your card.

Usually at a function a certain amount of drink will have been allocated anything not allocated it would have to be registered somewhere.

I know this from having been a manager of a hotel in London for many years and having regular stock takes.

On a side note at the welcome back party on the Divina last year it was appalling the rudeness of fellow passengers who totally ignored the person offering them a drink they would just continue their conversation at the same time reaching for the tray to take a drink no please or thank you and also talking through the speeches!

Amazing! Lets all join in! Hope you all had fun. Your turn will come, too. Just remember not to identify any shortcomings or problems you incur. LOL

This is nothing!

Dare to say something on the Royal Caribbean site and the company trolls go for your jugular. I’ve been eager to ask why when you pay for a deluxe drink package do they charge you $1.10 for a glass of plonk prosecco but I’m too frightened [emoji3]

It is how Nikki describes it.

We however spent time talking with the staff and we got identified on entry, taken to a pre set up table and as I have a passion for prosecco there were 3 different kinds for me to try.

The world works a lot better if you are nice to your fellow humans