Ships returning to FLL at 6am

kywildcatfanone

Hi folks,

Just bumping this thread because some asked me to report back. As I mentioned I ended up booking a 9:45am flight, but had asked about experience recent cruisers had with getting off the ship early and what flights that had booked. I had briefly looked at a 7:45 am flight because I was booking an award ticket and they weren't giving me many time options other than early morning or late afternoon.

Anyway, we were in Walk A today on the Regal, got to the dining room at about 6:10am, and there was already a large number of people in there ( I wish princess actually checked your walk assignment, but they don't). Anyway, they started letting people off the ship around 6:25, we got off about 6:35.

When we got across the runway to the building there was a bit of a ruckus going on, someone was screaming he needed to go back to the ship, I guess he had forgotten something, and the older gentlemen we have seen there for years near the escalators was telling him he couldn't go back onboard. Not sure how that got resolved or what the issue really was.

Anyway, we were through customs about 6:45, and at the airport and dropped checked bag and thru security at 7:10.

I walked over to the 7:45 flight, and they were just starting to board. Could have made it. Oh well, that really is too early. Had I not had a bag to check, I would have considered it a bit more, but in the end, it wasn't worth the stress of not knowing what might happen to delay any of the process.

Just wanted to report my experience, as always, your mileage may vary.

We wanted to catch a flight at 9am from FLL. Our TA said no way too much could go wrong and you could miss the flight. Not happy about our 2:30 flight but would be really angry if I missed a flight.

Better safe than sorry

I'm looking at using an award ticket for a flight down and back from home, but the return time flight is at 7:45, and I wanted to see if express walk off does begin at 6:30, I could probably make that work.

I walked off Royal in the first group in November.

I exited the parking garage at 06:49

Your mileage may vary. Objects at airport may be further than they appear.

Just bumping this thread because some asked me to report back.

Thanks for reporting back. You made the right decision to book a later flight. It's just not worth the worry.

We do not like trying to catch super early flights but as you saw it is possible. We have caught numerous flights between 7:45/8:10 with checked bags. Your right about the need to Q up early on the ship, as you reported it cost you 10 minutes.

Hi folks,

Just bumping this thread because some asked me to report back. As I mentioned I ended up booking a 9:45am flight, but had asked about experience recent cruisers had with getting off the ship early and what flights that had booked. I had briefly looked at a 7:45 am flight because I was booking an award ticket and they weren't giving me many time options other than early morning or late afternoon.

Anyway, we were in Walk A today on the Regal, got to the dining room at about 6:10am, and there was already a large number of people in there ( I wish princess actually checked your walk assignment, but they don't). Anyway, they started letting people off the ship around 6:25, we got off about 6:35.

When we got across the runway to the building there was a bit of a ruckus going on, someone was screaming he needed to go back to the ship, I guess he had forgotten something, and the older gentlemen we have seen there for years near the escalators was telling him he couldn't go back onboard. Not sure how that got resolved or what the issue really was.

Anyway, we were through customs about 6:45, and at the airport and dropped checked bag and thru security at 7:10.

I walked over to the 7:45 flight, and they were just starting to board. Could have made it. Oh well, that really is too early. Had I not had a bag to check, I would have considered it a bit more, but in the end, it wasn't worth the stress of not knowing what might happen to delay any of the process.

Just wanted to report my experience, as always, your mileage may vary.

You were actually too late for the 7:45am flight. You must check your bags 45 minutes prior to the flight.