What shoes with Velvet Pants?

joelmarj

Ok my fashion expert friends - help me out here. I have a new pair of fabulous velvet pants. They fit great. I'm going to be wearing a silk blouse with them (gold with black lace trim).

I'm not putting velvet shoes with them, but wonder which would work better. I've got three shoes I'm trying to pick from, all in black. I've got a very simple strappy 4 inch heel satin sandal (black), a 4 inch heel pointy-toed leather pump (with snakeskin-like texture), or a 4 inch heel closed heel, open toe satin shoe with a small rhinestone buckle.

What would be your choice? I'm leaning to the sandal, but is that too much contrast between velvet and sandal. Do I go for the satin shoe? I could always buy something new, but hate the pressure of a last minute attempt to find a specific type of shoe. HELP, the parties tonight!!!

I like suede with velvet personally because I like texture with velvet so I'd choose the snakeskin closed toe.

I know this doesn't make sense but, I don't like open toe or sandal with velvet because I think velvet is cold weather fabric. Since it is cold weather, I wouldn't wear a sandal or open toe because my feet would get cold. Don't even get me started about the evils of hosiery with open toed shoes or sandals.....:cool:

Personally, I would like a suede shoe if I were to be in a place where it really mattered. If I were you, I would wear whichever pair of the satin shoes were most comfortable. If they were the same, try one of each on with the pants, and see which you like better. Truly, on our eleven cruises, I have noticed someone's shoes maybe twice...................... :) Don't agonize......... I would not wear the smooth leather, though, since you have a choice. I would, if I didn't have a choice.

I know, I know, I don't belong on this board..............but I figure that if someone does look at your shoes, they will either think they are great, or they wont, and it wouldn't matter what shoes you were wearing, because that would always be the case. :D

Archived