Thanksgiving Freedom Cruise 2017...Lots of Pics

cruisewithwife

Greatly anticipating your next report. Any cruises coming down the pike?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

Got a little bit to wait we have the Fantasy scheduled for Thanksgiving this fall and one out of New Orleans that following Thanksgiving. Hoping to sneak in a couple more before the 2019 fall one. Really want to go to Half Moon Cay

I have been reading through your July trip report and enjoying the photos, but I have started to wonder something. From the pictures from July and also the pictures from the Thanksgiving trip of the main dining room menus, do they serve the same choices for each voyage on the same nights? For example, do they serve the Honey Glazed Pork Loin on Day One on each trip out, and the Broiled Maine Lobster Tail on the Day Two menu each voyage?

I am wondering that if the same menu is used on those same nights, we could start planning what we might want to order on which nights based in your menu pics for our upcoming trip? Just curious.

First off sorry its been so long to get around to writing this. We left out of Galveston on the Carnival Freedom for 7 days over the week of Thanksgiving, with stops in Key West, Freeport, and Nassau. Some background information, this was the first cruise taking both of our girls on ages 7 and 4. The oldest had been on a cruise when she was 2 but doesn't remember much of it. This was the wife and I's 4th cruise. We just did this exact same cruise in July for our 10 year anniversary and decided we would take the girls with over Thanksgiving for a family trip. We live in the Houston area so we were driving down to the port the morning of. We had everything packed up on Friday night and anxiously awaiting for Saturday morning to arrive. We got up and I loaded up the car, then took the other car to drop the dogs off at the vet for the week as DW got the kids ready. By the time I got back home they were waiting in the car and off to Galveston we go. It was probably about 8:30 at this time so we knew we would be there in plenty of time. We had FTTF and used it in July as well it is so worth it. We pulled into Galveston around 10 o'clock and then we came over the little bit of a hill and the girls saw the ship. They were so excited now that they could actually see how big it was. I dropped them off and gave a porter a few bucks to take care of our bags....make sure you get the orange tape if you have FTTF. I took the car over to lighthouse parking which we have used and never had any issues with. I parked the car and was on a shuttle bus back to the terminal.

The best part of FTTF came right now when you go to the left and walk by all the people standing in line waiting to go through. From the time we were outside to the time going through security, checking the wine, and sitting in the lobby was literally 5-10 minutes and that was with 2 kids. Well we made it through now we sit, wait, and visit until they let us on the ship. Hope you enjoy the review!!

enhance

Following. What’s the orange tape? Where do you get this?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have been reading through your July trip report and enjoying the photos, but I have started to wonder something. From the pictures from July and also the pictures from the Thanksgiving trip of the main dining room menus, do they serve the same choices for each voyage on the same nights? For example, do they serve the Honey Glazed Pork Loin on Day One on each trip out, and the Broiled Maine Lobster Tail on the Day Two menu each voyage?

I am wondering that if the same menu is used on those same nights, we could start planning what we might want to order on which nights based in your menu pics for our upcoming trip? Just curious.

You are absolutely correct. The menu is the same for the most part there might be a dessert or one of the rare finds appetizers that varies. I will say though even though it was the same menu some things were better on one cruise than the other.

Following. What’s the orange tape? Where do you get this?

When you drop your bags off with the porters you tell them you have FTTF and they have a special orange tape they will put on the luggage. I believe it helps carnival spot the FTTF bags easier than looking at the tags

You are absolutely correct. The menu is the same for the most part there might be a dessert or one of the rare finds appetizers that varies. I will say though even though it was the same menu some things were better on one cruise than the other.

So, if something was on the menu you had for Day Three, I could expect that same menu for Day Three of my Freedom cruise in February. That's great! Now I need to go back through your report to save the photos you posted of each nightly menu. :)

So, if something was on the menu you had for Day Three, I could expect that same menu for Day Three of my Freedom cruise in February. That's great! Now I need to go back through your report to save the photos you posted of each nightly menu. :)

Yes you are correct the stuff on the certain night will be the same. Some people who do the steakhouse look at the menus ahead so they know what night they want to skip

After dinner we went back to our room to change into some comfy clothes before heading to the show. When we arrived our towel animal was waiting

enhance

We also got our invitation to the Cruise Critic Meet and Mingle.

enhance

Right before heading off to the show took a picture of our door banner. Many people wonder why to get them but we find it nice to spot our room easily.

enhance

The girls posing by the door

enhance

I just recently had a magnetic sign made up for our next cruise. I saw them on other doors and thought it would be great to have one! Love yours!

Mark Twain said, "There are two ways to travel. First class, and with children."

What, no one had the pumpkin soup? On our first Carnival cruise, it was great; it tasted like eating warm liquid pumpkin pie. The next time we tried it, it had become a nothing-like-pumpkin-pie chicken soup. Blah.

As to the escargot, I would never order it in a restaurant, but we usually have it on the cruise. My wife makes an excellent fauxcargots, made using thoroughly sauteed button mushrooms instead of snails. After all, escargots don't have any particular taste; all you taste is the butter, bread, garlic, salt, and cheese.

I’ve always been afraid to try the escargot, but your description of its taste has convinced me to try. I also wanted to try the pumpkin soup, but not so sure now. There are soooo many things I want to try—lol—I suspect I better bring all my “fat pants”! Lol!

I’m loving all the menus and food pics! It is helping me decide what I may want to order on my first cruise back with Carnival since 2007! It seems they have come a long way in their food choices, and since the hubby and I are big foodies, I cannot wait! We will be on the Breeze in 2019, then on the Magic in 2020 for our 50th Anniversary cruise!

I’m loving all the menus and food pics! It is helping me decide what I may want to order on my first cruise back with Carnival since 2007! It seems they have come a long way in their food choices, and since the hubby and I are big foodies, I cannot wait! We will be on the Breeze in 2019, then on the Magic in 2020 for our 50th Anniversary cruise!

Your very welcome...our family is big foodies too and we seeing the food pics so always make sure to share them.