RCCL during the holidays

We sailed on Brillance 3 years ago December 24-28 and it was GREAT! Santa flew in and had time with the children aboard, the decorations were up and gorgeous and the staff grouped up like a Christmas tree and sang We Wish You a Merry Christmas on Christmas Eve. I cannot wait to book another sailing over Christmas!

Just came off Anthem Christmas week cruise.

There were decorations and they had some caroling. The Christmas day menu was very nice. Because we don't celebrate Christmas (we celebrate Chanukah) I don't take as much notice, but the tree was very lovely and they did a lot of pictures there.

We just got off the holiday cruise from Oasis. The ship was decorated and many photographers were set up for evening photos in front of the huge tree. The crew did caroling and Santa arrived and paraded down the Royal Promenade. They even gave each kid that attended a free gift (RC 20oz tumblers with lid/straw) up to age 17. There were also photos with Santa. There was even a channel on the in room TV with a fireplace and Christmas music.

We were also on the Anthem and it was beautifully and tastefully decorated for the holidays. Santa comes to give the kids gifts on Christmas morning too. Also, the dining room has a special Christmas menu with holiday offerings. (Chops offered an “enhanced” holiday menu for Xmas eve and Xmas day dinner - but at a whopping $75 per person.)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were also on the Anthem and it was beautifully and tastefully decorated for the holidays. Santa comes to give the kids gifts on Christmas morning too. Also, the dining room has a special Christmas menu with holiday offerings. (Chops offered an “enhanced” holiday menu for Xmas eve and Xmas day dinner - but at a whopping $75 per person.)Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The ship seems to have had the holidays in mind (decoration-wise).

What was on the "Christmas" menu in the MDR ' S and what was added to Chops menu to warrant the higher charge?

What was on the "Christmas" menu in the MDR ' S and what was added to Chops menu to warrant the higher charge?

Here is the Christmas menu from the MDR on Freedom from last week. There was brisket, ham, and turkey, in addition to the normal stuff.e838b98a0ac8f9bede27b313e32d6d4f.jpg3412dea82f0967edf9d5eef93f9d438c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I really don’t know what the premium menu in Chops was to explain the price. We went to make a reservation and were told it would be $75 for their holiday menu and we turned right around. We just couldn’t justify that price no matter what they were serving - especially because the food and service in the MDR was very good. 🤷🏻*♀️

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just off Liberty for the Christmas sailing and it was beautifully decorated and there were some extras. The main dining room holiday menu was our least favorite of the week and was the first formal night. I am not sure the extras for Christmas were really worth the additional cruise price, but it fit our schedule and we had a wonderful time. My kids were disappointed that the gift was based on gender, rather than letting them pick which colored cup. Girls had a choice (if they asked) between pink and orange cups vs blue and green for the boys. They still took a cup of course, but my daughter was not impressed with the gender stereotyping. Also, if you have a child that cannot make it to the Santa gift thing (sick child) the parent can get a ticket to get the gift. They have a list of every minor on board and mark off the names as you get in line.