Made the Jump to Princess from Carnival

hill6

After four Carnival Cruises we jumped ship over to Princess. Just booked the July 20th sailing of the Crown Princess 9 day out of New York. Got a minisuite.

Got a great deal using Amex Platinum Travel. Got a 2 category upgrade, photo, $50 shipboard credit, bottle of champagne, and dinner in a premium restaurant for booking through them. Not a bad deal.

My dad loves Princess and he got us hooked on cruisng in the first place. Just have to survive the next 7 months till we leave.

Hill6 we have done the same thing as you. We are booked for our first Princess cruise after #6 with Carnival. We couldn't resist the itinerary or the fact that it is a new ship. Going on her November 4th, 2006 from San Juan. Already have the precruise hotel through Priceline for a excellent price.

Welcome to Princess. On page 1 of this board there is a "sticky" names "Princess FAQ by Members for Members" There is all sorts of info there that may answer some of your questions. If not then come on in and we will try to answer any questions you may have.

Marilyn

Yes....My family and I are doing the "jump' too. We are very content Carnival cruisers especially my parents who are in their late 70's.

We decided to leave out of NY this summer....as we live 20 miles out of Manhattan, so I did some research and chose the Crown Princess........I am very excited.....We did the "jump" to RCCL a few years back and did not care for it so I am being positive...........I am sure I and the rest of the family will like Princess.

That "sticky" idea is a great idea.

DH and I also have AmEX platinum cards, but have never used their travel feature. I just told my DH about your experience and he says "I told you".... We're going on the Golden in two weeks, and we want to book a Baltics cruise for the summer of 06 or may of 07. Now I don't know whether to try AmEx or see what offers we can get by booking while on the Golden. Decisions, decisions.

It's great to see another cruiser making the jump to Princess. I've cruised on Carnival, RCCL, NCL, Costa, and Princess. I'm sure I've left something out.. but in any case, Princess is my favorite.

Poetrylady, there was a recent thread on here about the benefits of using the AmEx Platinum Travel Service -- a quick search should find it for you. We almost always use it when we travel--- the service has been great and they have gone out of their way to make sure we get the perks we're entitled to. Princess generally has very good deals for AmEx Platinum members.

Poetrylady, I had done a tentative booking with Princess where I reserved it for 72 hours with no payment. I called Amex Platinum Travel and I gave the lady the booking number and she called Princess and had my original booking transferred over and all the discounts applied.

Archived