Have you ever bumped into anyone you know (or could know)?

bigwally

We did a Chef's table once while on a cruise off Alaska and the other 3 couples were all from Canberra as well. No one had met each other prior to this dinner. To make things more interesting we all knew someone back in Canberra whether it was from work, sporting activities or school, that someone else knew.

I arrived in DC with my father and brother for a vacation trip. As were leaving the airport, I ran into a guy I vaguely knew from school--a friend of a friend. I don't know if I remembered his name, really, but yeah. Anyway, unbeknownst to me, his family had moved to the DC area, and he was just there to pick up his mother after her flight.

I saw a woman on one of my cruises, I think a local Thanksgiving cruise, who I recognized. I guess it'd be via work or one of our professional organizations. I didn't know her name, though, just...I know that face.

(Not quite as interesting, but a coworker of mine went on the Triumph after the, um, incident? They were doing these insanely low fares to try and win people back. Anyway, a friend of her supervisor was on that same ship. Like, "Oh, my friend was on there, too. Wow." But I guess it's not that wild if it was leaving a local port. And the respective people didn't know each other--it was just two degrees of separation or something.)

About 7 years ago, ran into my kids' assistant principal (all the way from northern Canada) onboard in the Caribbean. Had no idea she was cruising. She was probably thinking she was going to get a break from all her kids!

Travelling in far west remote Tasmania and decided to do a little river cruise and my wife's babysitter (25 years previously) was on the boat. Conversation came up around our son (12 months at the time) and how he looked just like a baby she used to look after.