Encore Christmas South Pacific disappointment

naata

Alternative destination experiences should be provided when tenders cancelled  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Alternative destination experiences should be provided when tenders cancelled

I realize I haven’t addressed the ‘alternative ports should be offered’ thread. In both of these circumstances of pea soup fogbound, and wild storm missed ports, I can’t see where the ship could have safely called along the coast of New Zealand. Our first port in NZ was in Oman on Stanley Island, a tender off a tiny hamlet with a small pier. At Lyttelton, the port for Christchurch, it was 30 degrees Celcius at 10pm for a lively Blue Moon deck dance party, and we watched the ship pull out from a very basic, small pier and turn around; very tricky manoevre, the only other ship in port an old Chinese ship loading logs. The captain announced the coming storm then. Often, there aren’t many alternatives available. Here in Wellington, the Capital of NZ, the port has facilities, and we are berthed beside a new Viking ship. We are due in Picton tomorrow and then Tauranga (Rotorua) on the 5th. Hope for the best.

We have friends boarding the Encore on the 6th in Auckland. Hope the worst of this storm has passed by then.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It looks like we have a nice day in Auckland today

Here is the link so that if you can work out the time difference you can watch your friends sail away. It is a time lapse video so you can check for 24 hours (I think)

http://www.takeabreak.co.nz/webcams/61/auckland_queens_wharf_webcam

Thanks so much for the link. Just contacted my friends- they said the will board in a couple oh hours. Told them to wave to the webcam.

I’m at LAX at the moment waiting for my flight that will eventually get me to Cape Town.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks so much for the link. Just contacted my friends- they said the will board in a couple oh hours. Told them to wave to the webcam.

I’m at LAX at the moment waiting for my flight that will eventually get me to Cape Town.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Encore should be leaving in about 5 hours from now so you can work out your time difference

here is another cam link The Encore is the middle ship

The ship to the right is the SEVEN SEAS NAVIGATOR

http://www.tourism.net.nz/listing/nztg/visitor-information/117380?from=http://www.tourism.net.nz/region/auckland/visitor-information/web-cams

We should be on her :)