MSC for Me App

NYHartChapp

Okay, my understanding is that the new app allows pax to do things onboard like book excursions, make restaurant reservations, reserve show times, etc. My understanding is also that this is done via a "smart" wristband that connects the app on your phone/pad to blue-tooth receptors located throughout the ship. MSC website says all children will receive a wristband, so parents can keep track of their kids, but is ambiguous about everyone else. So, a few questions:

• Is the above correct?
  • If that's not the way to connect, is an internet package required?
  • Do all pax receive the wristband on embarking or is there a charge?
  • Does it work?

Thanks in advance. Really looking forward to Seaside in less than two months!

We used the app on the Meraviglia in October, I liked the bracelets, did not have to carry my cruise card as you scan the wristband, it also opens your cabin door. It is not part of an internet pkg to purchase. There are large board all over the Meraviglia, you touch the screen and choose what you are looking for, reservation etc. I did not test looking for my husband but I understand it should tell you where anyone is. I began by downloading the app on my iPad, I could go to the app on my iPad anytime I was looking for something. Hope this helps

• Is the above correct? -> Partly. The App don´t need the wristband. The wristband just brings some additional functions like vea52 described.
  • If that's not the way to connect, is an internet package required? -> No, you just can use the wifi of the ship. So you don´t need internet package, if you have the a package the MSC for me App does not reduce your internet quota. Hopefully, I think because the App uses so little data, it is difficult to see.
  • Do all pax receive the wristband on embarking or is there a charge? -> No! Only Aurea, Wellness and Yacht club get the wristband on embarking. Belle and Fantastica can buy it on board for a fee. Your next question probably will bei "how much?", but I don´t remember, maybe 9 Euro?
  • Does it work? -> Yes, to my surprise it worked flawless.