Cruising out of Boston

pattymindy

Ncl is changing ships in Boston for the 2019 Season to the Gem I am great full to see a new ship how ever why such a huge increase in price same deck same location and charged 2 k more ,

there was a recent post on face book said We have done the Dawn to Bermuda 7 years, checking pricing for the Gem for 2019, the same owners suite on the germ will be 3-4K more than this year on the Dawn.

just curious on thoughts . may have to re think my booking for 10 deck 10 inside cabin will pay over 3500.00 for Oct. 2019:cool:

I can’t comment on price differences generally, but would point out that as the Gem has a Haven and the Dawn doesn’t, the owners suites aren’t really directly comparable between the two ships. NCL has always charged a premium for haven suites over non Haven ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supply and demand. The Dawn has been a poor sell out of Boston for several years, and I've never failed to pick up my late bookings on the discount rack.

You might want to see where the pricing trends go? I can't imagine, the "regulars" (yes there is a large segment, who repeat this for various reasons- flying is one) just jumping on this same itinerary for double the price, because it's new ship in this port? But, maybe some are so restrictive/limited they will? I certainly won't pay a premium. :)