Jamaica state of emergency

merknerk

The Red Cross did nothing for Haiti. They only build on house with all that money... huge scandal please research. Rather give by buying directly from the artisan at least you know where the money is going.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I heard that had to do with a certain foundation out of NY.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

AND since you only have 20 posts here, you should be made aware that any and all links to that particular site are bound to get you nothing but abject (and well-deserved) ridicule.

Pay no nevermind Neonmoon. I thought your post was noteworthy.

No one is saying that the majority of Jamaican people are bad but let’s look at the facts; the murder rate in Jamaica is one of the highest in the world and drug usage is rampant on the island. As they say, you are entitled to your opinions but not to your own facts.

By the way, if I had visitors I would strongly advise them not to go to the south side of Chicago, why? Because of the facts

On the money.

This is silly. No one is making any generalized statements about the entirety of the Jamaican population. The comments about people being "ugly" in Jamaica were about specific experiences cruisers had in Jamaica with people being ugly and making them feel unsafe/harassed. It can happen in any port, but it seems to happen to a lot more often in particular ports (Jamaica being one of them).

Regardless of the quality of people you personally know in Jamaica, it is a fact that it is a more dangerous port than others. Right now, in particular. It is historically not a very stable environment, and (as others have pointed out) the violence and crime rates are ridiculously high. Doesn't mean there aren't good people living there, but the facts are the facts. When considering the safety of the port, and whether some segments of the population have made it an "ugly" place to travel, acknowledging these facts isn't "HATE."

And yes, there are definitely places in the U.S. where tourists are advised not to go. Plenty of dangerous places, as well as places where the chances or running into people being "ugly" is high.

On the money too! But remember, we live in a time where if you are not offended you are a nobody.

• Like 1

We are leaving on Feb 11th on a charter cruise on Navigator of the Seas. We were supposed to go to Falmouth, but were notified on Friday that due to the unrest there, we will be going to Coco Cay instead. I am not sure if it was the cruise line or the people running the charter that made this decision. I'm a little bummed out, because I have never been to Jamaica and was looking forward to it.

Case closed, this says it all. Waiting for the update of my March cruise. Bye, bye Jamaica I guess.

We are leaving on Liberty of the Seas next Sunday. Sure hope Royal Caribbean replaces Falmouth Jamaica for Cocoa Cay for us also. I started this thread and definitely have concerns. My husband and I have been to Jamaica twice and enjoyed out time there. We are traveling with our family...15 of us, seven grandchildren and the unrest there now is quite a concern. As of now we will stay on the ship

We are leaving on Liberty of the Seas next Sunday. Sure hope Royal Caribbean replaces Falmouth Jamaica for Cocoa Cay for us also. I started this thread and definitely have concerns. My husband and I have been to Jamaica twice and enjoyed out time there. We are traveling with our family...15 of us, seven grandchildren and the unrest there now is quite a concern. As of now we will stay on the ship

CocoCay may be too far out of the way for a Galveston based cruise. For a Florida based cruise it's an easy stop on the way back. We were on Liberty last week and went to Falmouth. We ended up getting off and taking a shuttle to Ocho Rios. I thought the port was fine and enjoyed my time there. They had a survey for us when we got back on board asking how safe we felt the port was.

We are going back to Haiti and Jamaica in March and we can’t wait to get off the boat.

Haiti is one of my top stops. I love the beaches and snorkeling. Also I like it’s only RCCL cruisers there and I can use my booze package for a cold beer.

There is some bad areas of Jamaica that I wouldn’t go to but all the times I’ve been...I’ve never been worried about my safety. The only concern I’ve had is the long and sometimes crazy bus rides to the excursion...They drive on the left side of the road.

Yes the vendors can be pushy but they are just trying to make a buck to support their families. We now go back to the same private beach club...Beautiful beach with a nice reef for snorkeling. Food and drinks are included. They have private security who keep the vendors away from its guest.

I have never met an mean or ugly Jamaican. All have been friendly...Even the ones trying to sell me some Ganja. When I tell them no thanks...They just say no problem mon.

Sent from Psycho's iPad using Forums

If you don't mind, what is the name of the 'private beach club' that you went to snorkel where you felt safe, and did you book it thru RCCL? I will have my daughter and 3 grand kids with me, and would like to get in some snorkeling time somewhere that we feel safe with our grand kids.

If you don't mind, what is the name of the 'private beach club' that you went to snorkel where you felt safe, and did you book it thru RCCL? I will have my daughter and 3 grand kids with me, and would like to get in some snorkeling time somewhere that we feel safe with our grand kids.

Yes we book through RCCL and I don’t have computer with me but I believe it’s called blue water beach. I’ll check when I get home

• Like 1

If there is the need for guards with AKs that is reason enough not to bother stopping there.

Have you sailed out Cape Liberty or NY recently. There are police armed with machine guns on every street corner near Times Square. With concrete barricades lining all of the side walks. I suppose that means that people should not go to the United States either???