Sea days - pool and sunning situation

LSKC

Keep coming back to wanting to try a cruise again. We had booked the Escape but ultimately cancelled our reservation because I am really deterred by the situation with the tiny pools and crowded lounge chairs. We went to a resort in MX instead which we loved... but I still wonder if we could find a good fit for a cruise.

We are a family of 5 with 2 teens and one 9 year old... the larger ships are attractive to me (Escape, Bliss) because they offer so much for us to do on sea days. But - with that many people on a ship - I know or assume the pool areas on sea/rest days are very crowded? Where do people go to lie out in the sun and read and splash off when they are hot - if all packed in like sardines around the pool? The Haven is out of our budget or I could see that as a solution.

Is there a specific boat that would offer more space and feel a little less cramped...but still give us lots of bells and whistles? things to do for the kids?

I'm open to NCL or trying something else. We've only done 1 cruise in the past and it was Disney back when the teens were young.

Thx.

There are plenty of loungers available that offer the same sun. There is no need to try to be right next to the pool. For unknown reasons, people are prepared to fight to the death for a lounger that is right next to the pool when there are plenty of loungers elsewhere. I suspect that people want to "be seen" in the desirable loungers while the savvy cruisers head to the vacant areas to enjoy the sun.

For the adults in your party, any ship with a Spice H2O is a great option (Epic, Getaway, Breakaway, Escape...I believe). Lots of loungers, lots of space, and a place to cool off (pool on Epic, grotto on the others).

There are also forward sun decks with padded loungers and lots of peace and quiet (Epic had deck 17, if I recall correctly). These are public spaces, though most people assume that they are part of the Haven or Posh/Vibe, so they stay away.

As Two Wheels Only stated, unless you want to be *right* next to the pool on a sea day, you should be able to find plenty of pleasant spots to catch some sun.