Holland America Signature Experiences

roberts2005

What hotel is it in Venice? When is the cruise? We are on the Oosterdam from Venice on May 24th. Thanks.

We are on the 12 day April 30th departure, Venice to Rome. The hotel is the Papadopoli, near Piazza Roma and the people mover to cruise terminal. I understand HAL has booked standard (ie lowest price) rooms which do not include breakfast. My HAL TA made a point to let me know that breakfast is not included. I figured out the low price by doing a booking with the hotel to find low prices rooms are all booked but rooms with balcony, canal view and suites are still available. Hope you enjoy your trip.....

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know if it is any suite, or just specific suites? I also read on HAL's site that you can add this to any booking. Has anyone tried adding it to a non-suite booking?

It’s probably different pricing for different itineraries, but for our cruise out of Venice on Aug 28th, the Signature Experience cost $999 per person if purchased with any non-suite cabin and it was included if you booked any suite. We did the cost benefit analysis and decided to book the Vista Suite since we were planning to do a few days in Venice anyway and a suite is a much nicer cabin for a 12 day cruise. Plus we got the Explore 4 promo which includes the Signature Beverage Card and a night at the Pinnacle Grill. We’ll be staying in the Hotel Concordia.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have never booked a HAL pre or post cruise hotel package. Do they usually include breakfast?

We booked a pre-cruise package in Venicevin 2011 and the hotel included breakfast. I’m not sure about the package we have for our cruise in Aug 2018.

THANKS for this thread! I signed up for the Signature Experience for our Med trip. It is so understated on the Holland sight that if it was not for the CC crowd we would not have known about the program.

It was actually highlighted on their home page as a promo last year when we booked our cruise but it isn’t prominent anymore since they are running other promos. Could be they’re booking up as well since space was limited so they may not be needing to push it.

Our Signature Experience hotel in Venice for August 2-3 is the Bonvecchiati. I'd check with HAL before making reservations to extend the stay.

Just sayin'...

The Bonvecchiati is a great hotel! It’s a very old, boutique hotel so the rooms are small but very comfortable and the dinner menu and atmosphere on the patio overlooking a small canal is spectacular! When we booked through HAL in 2011, it included a very nice breakfast buffet. Hopefully your reservation will include breakfast as well.

Who would I call to ask what time our Signature Experience begins? We will be in Auckland in November and our SE is to be held on Wednesday ... after hours at the Museum, Maori presentation etc. We wanted to schedule something for that day, but hesitate to do so until I find out when the SE begins.

• 1 month later...

The Signature Experience was included with our June 27 Baltic cruise. We stayed at the Scandic Hotel near the Planetarium in Copenhagen. Breakfast was included (a very extensive buffet appealing to all nationalities). The hotel was an easy walk to the Old Town and Tivoli Gardens. Rooms were small and typically Danish.

Our visit to Kronborg Castle occurred on the second night. All of us thoroughly enjoyed the experience. It began with a very scenic 45 min drive along the coastline. We toured part of Kronborg Castle, ending with hors d’ourves, champagne, beer and sodas in the main hall. The promised “heavy” hors d’ourves consisted of six selections. Most of our group of six ate 1-2. Be advised - eat dinner before going. This was followed by one actor performing parts of Hamlet.

One member of our group was not able to go to Kronborg Castle. We were told at check-in that it would be very difficult for someone in a wheelchair. The 15 min. walk from where the bus parked to the castle had some uneven, cobblestone areas. Once in the Castle, you had to climb 42 steps to reach the second floor where the main hall was located. There wasn’t any handrail, just a rope along the outer wall of the spiral staircase. No elevator was available.

The Signature Experience was included with our June 27 Baltic cruise. We stayed at the Scandic Hotel near the Planetarium in Copenhagen. Breakfast was included (a very extensive buffet appealing to all nationalities). The hotel was an easy walk to the Old Town and Tivoli Gardens. Rooms were small and typically Danish.

Our visit to Kronborg Castle occurred on the second night. All of us thoroughly enjoyed the experience. It began with a very scenic 45 min drive along the coastline. We toured part of Kronborg Castle, ending with hors d’ourves, champagne, beer and sodas in the main hall. The promised “heavy” hors d’ourves consisted of six selections. Most of our group of six ate 1-2. Be advised - eat dinner before going. This was followed by one actor performing parts of Hamlet.

One member of our group was not able to go to Kronborg Castle. We were told at check-in that it would be very difficult for someone in a wheelchair. The 15 min. walk from where the bus parked to the castle had some uneven, cobblestone areas. Once in the Castle, you had to climb 42 steps to reach the second floor where the main hall was located. There wasn’t any handrail, just a rope along the outer wall of the spiral staircase. No elevator was available.

Thanks for the review! I’m hoping our Signature Experience in Venice will be as memorable.