Bacardi - How long does it take to get there?

JuliaMS

How long does it take to get to and from the Bacardi Factory using the ferry and shuttle? Our ship is only in port until 2pm and my husband is worried about going that far from the ship without a firm answer up front. (I asked this in two other threads and didn't get an answer and our cruise is in a couple days now)

Before the hurricane I was in SJ as a port of call. Got off the ship, went to the ferry dock (left) and boarded for a short ride across the water. Once at the dock on the other side there were several taxis which took us a short drive to the factory. That took less than 1/2 hour although we caught the ferry both to/from at the right times when we got to each dock. An hour should be more than ample to get there

I've done this numerous times.

Even if your ship is over at the PanAm peir, it's only a 15 min MAX ride to the Old San Juan Pier. From there, jump on the ferry which runs every 15 minutes. Then, in Catano, get a taxi which is about 10 min and you're at Bacardi. Tours are about an hour and worth every penny of the $25 charge. You do get a free drink (used to be 2), could have changed.

Lots of time. What can be obtained at Bacardi can't be bought anywhere else.....engraved limited edition bottles, logo'd items, general merchandise. Well worth the trek over.

• 4 months later...

We took the tour several times over the years. It was always free and included tickets for free cocktails. I can not for the life of me imagine what has changed since the introduction of a $25 charge! What could they have possibly added to justify charging $25?!?

We are on Freedom in December and we are flying in the day before. Would it be doable (and worthwhile) to do the Bacardi tour Sunday morning prior to boarding the ship? What would we do with any items purchased on the tour?

• 1 month later...

We did this in 2015 but the ferry broke down while waitingvtil get back across the bay. After waiting 45 mins, they sent a bus to get everyone in the ferry terminal to drive them all the way back. We got back with about an hour to spare prior to sail away

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app