Brain Droppings: Anthem 1/7 - 1/19 Southern Carib

I'm working up to it. I have an aversion to air travel after 9/11. Used to be on the road three out of four weeks before that. I'll get there eventually. Do love the convenience of Cape Liberty in Bayonne. I'm about forty minutes (on a bad day) away. So Anthem it is for me. (no complaints - love her)

Good to know. Thanks for all the info. It will be our first time on a Quantum class ship after sailing Oasis class exclusively for the last few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't go by the online menu. I don't think it's up to date. My advice would be to book it for every night and then when you get onboard ask to look at the menu for the entire sailing. Then decide if you want to keep or cancel your reservation after that. That is what we did our first time last in CK. I'm on an 8 night sailing on Anthem in March and I've been told the menu is different every night. When we were on Harmony six months ago, the menu was different each night as well.

I just did. Thanks for the advise. :D

There were only two of us and we never made a reservation for CK. They accomodated us the first night (well day three because we did the BOGO specialty dining nights one and two) but we had the same table, same waiter and they were absolutely wonderful. One night I went alone because my daughter met friends for dinner and they were so amazing, they wanted to send dinner to go for her, just a dessert, etc etc. It warmed the cockles of my heart.

There were only two of us and we never made a reservation for CK. They accomodated us the first night (well day three because we did the BOGO specialty dining nights one and two) but we had the same table, same waiter and they were absolutely wonderful. One night I went alone because my daughter met friends for dinner and they were so amazing, they wanted to send dinner to go for her, just a dessert, etc etc. It warmed the cockles of my heart.

Did you find it busy/full there on most nights?

Did you find it busy/full there on most nights?

It was never "full". Some nights were busier than others. I thought the last few nights more so than earlier. Generally it was not full/hectic, a lovely atmosphere. Seriously makes me want to only book suites from now on.

We walked around on our own. Comparing to the last time I was there. We stopped for a bite to eat right near the fort. The only food available was fried. I asked for water and was told the water there was undrinkable. So I had a mojito. We did walk the streets, spent money with the vendors. My daughter did the parrot thing and it was great. Best ten dollars we spent.

What's the "parrot" thing?

What's the "parrot" thing?

There are street vendors with live parrots. You hold them and they take your picture for ten dollars for one picture. The guy we used had ten parrots and posed my daughter about forty different ways holding some or all of the parrots. Up and down her arms, on her head, on her butt, with swords, a sign that said San Juan etc. He was great, and it was fun. We had quite the crowd around oohing and ahing. No dummy the guy, we ended up buying 3 pictures for 25. You look at them on his laptop and pick the ones you want and he prints them.