New England/Canada Cruise on the Regal Princess

leetompkins

My wife and I have booked a cruise on the Regal Princess out of NYC to New England/Canada, 9/22-9/29/18. We are very excited to be cruising once again with Princess. We have booked Marina Deck Stateroom M107 and decided to do Club Class. We would sure appreciate any feedback from those of you who have stayed in Marina M107 (good/bad) as well as your thoughts on the different ports this cruise visits? Thanks. The countdown is on!

My wife and I have booked a cruise on the Regal Princess out of NYC to New England/Canada, 9/22-9/29/18. We are very excited to be cruising once again with Princess. We have booked Marina Deck Stateroom M107 and decided to do Club Class. We would sure appreciate any feedback from those of you who have stayed in Marina M107 (good/bad) as well as your thoughts on the different ports this cruise visits? Thanks. The countdown is on!

We did a back-to-back New England/Canada cruise aboard the Regal Princess and loved it. You will enjoy Club Class dining. Our cabin was on the deck below yours so I cannot comment on your M-107.

As to the ports you will visit-----what interests me may not interest you. I like history, nature's beauty and food. There is plenty of history on this cruise. In Boston we liked visiting the USS Constitution and other historical sights. In Newport we just walked around and had a great seafood lunch at The Pier restaurant. In Bar Harbor take in the view from atop Cadillac mountain in Acadia National Park then have a bowl of chowder or bisque and a lobster at one of the restaurants downtown while shopping. In Halifax we took an excursion to Peggy's Cove and had a lobster lunch.

What ever you do, try to help out the local lobster fishing and cooking economy and eat one every chance you get. Much better than any lobster you will encounter aboard the ship.

We did the Regal in late Sept 2017 as a club class. You're in for a treat!

The room you're in, if it's the one I'm thinking about has the largest deck I've ever seen on a cruise ship. A friend had this cabin (I think - I know it was a club class corner like this one, just not positive on the deck) and hosted a meet-and-greet with ~20 people on the deck and room to spare. I think the railing was metal and not glass, but the outside space was still two steps beyond fantastic.

Club Class is nice - clearly a step above the main dining room in terms of service. There was never any waiting for either a table or for service. The food is the same as the MDR food, which we did not love, but the experience was a clear plus for us.

We loved Boston (did a guided freedom trail walk and then Cannolis at both Modern Pastery (A+) and Mike's (B+). Just be sure you know how you're getting from the pier to the town; book transportation in advance to the square, even if you plan to just walk around.

If you enjoy history, do the mansions in Newport. There are lots of options to research, but I would recommend trying a few out. They apparently have a great bus system in Newport, but I'm embarrassed to admit that I couldn't figure it out - so we just used Uber (not great, not awful).

Bar Harbor was the surprise favorite of the trip. I highly recommend that you make time to go up Cadillac Mountain! We hiked it, which was probably the highlight of the trip - but it's not an easy hike, and took something like 90 minutes one-way (and if you hike up, you MUST hike down). I'm fit, and was tired by the end. Taking a tour up the mountain would also be nice as the views really are great. Either way, make some time to walk the town! It's a really cute little (tiny) town with just a few blocks of cuteness bubbling over.

We didn't especially care for St. John. Nothing wrong with it, but not nearly the appeal or activities as the other ports. Halifax has a ton to do, but it poured when we were there, and were pretty tired, so it was a shorter day for us.

I don't think that you will see the leaves turning with your trip, but it's still pretty nice scenery. You'll have a great time!

Thank you nukesubsailor and jeremiahwbrown for your insight regarding the New England/Canada Cruise. I have taken some notes reference both of your responses and will definitely research all aspects of each port and what they have to offer prior to our visits. For sure we will definitely indulge in some fresh lobster during our shore visits.

Leetompkins -- I see your new to CC.

This thread belongs on the "Royal Roll Call" sub-forum. Roll Calls are one of the most popular features on CC. They are intended for a' specific' cruise to discuss that cruise with fellow members. Feel free to browse other roll calls for the Royal. John

We had M106 on the Royal (Regal twin sister) which is the same mini suite as M107 except we were on the port side and you will be starboard. You will love this minisuite and yes you can easily fit 70 people on the balcony. Part of the balcony is the roof of the wing of the bridge.There is plenty of space in the MS and you will have a separate bedroom with a huge window looking out over the bow of the ship. Only negatives are it is a long walk from the elevators and it can get very windy on the balcony while at sea.

Sent from my iPad using Forums