Vista short review for 1/21-1/27. Wi-Fi calling and my experiences this week

zorky12

Carnival claims that if you find a lower price on excursions they will refund 110% of the difference as on board credit. Important thing to remember is that if you book with Carnival the ship can not leave without you if there were to be a breakdown or something causing you to get back late. This did happen on our trip to some people in Cozumel. Their boat was 30 minutes past the leave port time when it arrived back in Cozumel and the ship waited and the people were not rushed or in need of running.

Really? I didn't know that. I usually book them independently from carnival, but I'm always worried about that. Can you tell me where to find that info? I'm sure there is some fine print.

did you hear any noise from the IMAX theater?

quote=zorky12;55116773]First off my wife and I took our first cruise this week. It was fantastic. Matt (cruise director) was amazing to watch and listen to. Also the staff works extremely hard 24/7. Earnesto our room steward was fantastic as well. I think he may have been living under our bed because anytime we seemed to leave the room for a short while we come back and its fully been cleaned and serviced.

We stayed in room #9298 which is a balconY.

Really? I didn't know that. I usually book them independently from carnival, but I'm always worried about that. Can you tell me where to find that info? I'm sure there is some fine print.

Price match guarantee

view.php?pic=25rd0l0&s=9

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1330/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNTE3NDMzNTY5L3NpZC9mVTM0YkppQiU3RURWOWlCWFFjak1pa3BocG9UTzVIX0lLajBCcklfTmNhOVJ5WDJiZHhfQldQMGxFZ3dpU3g0NUtJbm5FelczcWxHS25Ba2VzUkFwcm43T3g2RVltMTZMUHQwTEtBbTZLN05EZk5QUXlpdDRTeW02QSUyMSUyMQ%3D%3D

SHORE EXCURSION BEST PRICE GUARANTEE

Guests sailing on a Carnival cruise who book a shore excursion through us can be completely confident they are getting the best price and best value with the introduction of a new shore excursion best price guarantee. The only guarantee of its kind in the cruise industry, the program is now available fleet wide for all Carnival Cruise Lines shore tours on ships sailing from North America.

Under the best price guarantee, guests who find the same tour offered by another operator at a lower price than their booked excursion either before or during their cruise will be eligible to receive 110% of the difference in the form of a shipboard credit

Shore Excusion FAQ

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2866/~/shore-excursion-faqs

Do I have to book a shore excursion through Carnival or can I go off on my own?

You are not obligated to book shore excursions through Carnival in order to leave the ship. Public transportation is available at each port. We suggest you visit your local library, bookstore or a pertinent website to determine where you would like to go.

Carnival does not offer any alternatives from the established shore excursion program. All shore excursions sold through Carnival are coordinated with reputable tour operators and include all of the most popular sites of interest.

One of the many benefits of booking excursions through Carnival is a guarantee that the ship will remain in port until all guests are back onboard. Carnival will not be aware of shore excursions that are booked independently. Also, keep in mind that some ports have visa requirements that may prevent you from venturing off on your own.

did you hear any noise from the IMAX theater?

quote=zorky12;55116773]First off my wife and I took our first cruise this week. It was fantastic. Matt (cruise director) was amazing to watch and listen to. Also the staff works extremely hard 24/7. Earnesto our room steward was fantastic as well. I think he may have been living under our bed because anytime we seemed to leave the room for a short while we come back and its fully been cleaned and serviced.

We stayed in room #9298 which is a balconY.

We did not hear any noise from the IMAX.

Price match guarantee

view.php?pic=25rd0l0&s=9

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1330/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNTE3NDMzNTY5L3NpZC9mVTM0YkppQiU3RURWOWlCWFFjak1pa3BocG9UTzVIX0lLajBCcklfTmNhOVJ5WDJiZHhfQldQMGxFZ3dpU3g0NUtJbm5FelczcWxHS25Ba2VzUkFwcm43T3g2RVltMTZMUHQwTEtBbTZLN05EZk5QUXlpdDRTeW02QSUyMSUyMQ%3D%3D

SHORE EXCURSION BEST PRICE GUARANTEE

Guests sailing on a Carnival cruise who book a shore excursion through us can be completely confident they are getting the best price and best value with the introduction of a new shore excursion best price guarantee. The only guarantee of its kind in the cruise industry, the program is now available fleet wide for all Carnival Cruise Lines shore tours on ships sailing from North America.

Under the best price guarantee, guests who find the same tour offered by another operator at a lower price than their booked excursion either before or during their cruise will be eligible to receive 110% of the difference in the form of a shipboard credit

Shore Excusion FAQ

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2866/~/shore-excursion-faqs

Do I have to book a shore excursion through Carnival or can I go off on my own?

You are not obligated to book shore excursions through Carnival in order to leave the ship. Public transportation is available at each port. We suggest you visit your local library, bookstore or a pertinent website to determine where you would like to go.

Carnival does not offer any alternatives from the established shore excursion program. All shore excursions sold through Carnival are coordinated with reputable tour operators and include all of the most popular sites of interest.

One of the many benefits of booking excursions through Carnival is a guarantee that the ship will remain in port until all guests are back onboard. Carnival will not be aware of shore excursions that are booked independently. Also, keep in mind that some ports have visa requirements that may prevent you from venturing off on your own.

Thank you!!!