Luggage storage before evening flight home from Newark

kingcole

We are on the Anthem in July. I guess we will be getting off the ship around 9am and our flight back to the UK is 7pm so have a good 8 hours to kill.

The family fancy a trip to the Mills shopping mall.

Can anyone suggest a solution for our luggage? I was thinking of getting a cab from the cruise terminal and then another cab from the mall to the airport but still have the issue of bags at the mall.

I'd consider hiring a car if we could grab one near the port so we can leave our bags in it and I can then drop it at the airport. Anyone done this?

If anyone thinks this is a bad idea, let me know a good idea to fill our day before our flight home. There are 6 of us, teens, parents, grandparents. We will have had a few days in NYC before the cruise.

What we did in a similar situation (6 people, disembarking Port Bayonne, evening flight from JFK) was hire a guide with a minivan which fitted our group and luggage.

As this was a private tour we got to plan the entire day to our liking: We did Manhattan, stopping at several places for coffee, lunch in Chinatown, looked around Ground Zero, went up 30 Rock etc. The guide/driver stayed with the van and luggage whenever we got out of the van. Late in the afternoon he drove us to airport.

That was a nice and easy way of leaving the ship, spending a final day in New York and getting to the airport.

We paid about $500 for this, so under $100 each. I believe we're not allowed to link to tour companies here on the forum but Google "family in New York" if you want to enquire about their current rates, we used them a couple of years ago.