What hotel did you stay at?

cnjoy26

Going to San Juan going a cruise in March 2019. If you’ve been to San Juan for a cruise, what hotel did you stay at? Looking for a hotel that is affordable while at the time safe, not run down, somewhat close to the port and close to the ocean (walking distance a must)?

Long story short...please share the hotel you stayed at if you had a good experience! Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Going to San Juan going a cruise in March 2019. If you’ve been to San Juan for a cruise, what hotel did you stay at? Looking for a hotel that is affordable while at the time safe, not run down, somewhat close to the port and close to the ocean (walking distance a must)?

Long story short...please share the hotel you stayed at if you had a good experience! Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are many different areas to stay in. We prefer Old San Juan. We have had great experiences at Hotel Casablanca. We have stayed there twice before and are looking to book them again for December. Eclectically decorated. Rooms are reasonable and within walking distance of forts, shopping and plenty of restaurants.

We have also stayed at the Intercontinental and the Marriott Stellaris.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We've have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Condado, El Convento and Villa Herencia Hotel in Old San Juan.

The Holiday Inn Express is located a couple of blocks from the shopping area in Condado and was a comfortable stay.

The Villa Herencia is a boutique hotel next door to El Convento and has only about 12 rooms. Great location in Old San Juan.

Our favorite is the El Convento Hotel. It's located about half way between El Morro and Paseo Princesa. The City Gate is only about two blocks away from this location.

We stayed in the Sheraton Old San Juan and it was PERFECT! Right by the pier, near CVS so you can pick up last minute things (like snacks, meds and wine). And, you can go back and forth onto the ship as many times as you like and bring a bottle of wine on each time! The hotel is modern and convenient and has a small rooftop pool to cool off if you're there when it's really hot like we were. We paid $201 in 2016 for a suite-like room. I think it slept 4.

• 2 weeks later...
I believe the OP may be sailing on RCI...so that would mean the Pan American pier...still a quick and easy taxi ride if their staying in Old Town.

Agreed, there’s just not much by way of shops or things to do near the Pan Am pier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have enjoyed all of the hotels there we have stayed at, we just need the basics though...not too picky. For proximity to beaches, etc. you can look on a map. We have been happy with Hotel Casablanca, Comfort Inn Condado and Le Consulate. All of those are what I would say is walking distance to a beach. We stayed at Hotel Plaza de Armas as well as Sheraton OSJ, those are walkable to the beach across from the capital but a bit further. There are plenty of good hotels in the Condado area that are near the beach, that beach tends to be a bit rough. We really like El Escambron Beach. We normally rent a car as it is cheap enough to do that and then we can be flexible.