so many questions bout this itinerary

sueajp

When it comes to older ships like the Connie the "wow factor" has faded somewhat and people who have positive experiences (particularly repeat cruisers) are less likely to write reviews. Many of the negative reviews come from people who are new to the ship and have previously cruised on newer ships, or people who just like to complain about minor issues.

My rule of thumb is the older the ship the more you should ignore any recent negative reviews particularly if the cruise line has an otherwise good reputation.

We were on Connie in December out of Abu Dhabi, the biggest issue we had was lack of bar waiters and service in the lounges and theatre. Never before have I seen a temporary bar set up on a table at the back of the lower theatre level, and guests queuing for drinks in a Celebrity theatre.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

When it comes to older ships like the Connie the "wow factor" has faded somewhat and people who have positive experiences (particularly repeat cruisers) are less likely to write reviews. Many of the negative reviews come from people who are new to the ship and have previously cruised on newer ships, or people who just like to complain about minor issues.

My rule of thumb is the older the ship the more you should ignore any recent negative reviews particularly if the cruise line has an otherwise good reputation.

I've also noticed that a few people seem to have grudges and post over and over the same grievances about the same ship and get angrier and angrier when anyone dares to disagree.