Waitlist stateroom query

astrocat

Hello.. a query on how a waitlist operates.

An X 2019 cruise we are interested in is currently sold out for the relevant category. We’re considering going on a waitlist. How does this work?

Do i need to keep watching or does Celebrity do it for us? If I do it, what is the best way to manage it? I’ve got a list of the cabins I’m interested in - do I just keep doing mock bookings on X, or is there another tip?

At this stage, we will possibly book CC (hoping to move to RS). Is the waitlist first in, first served? Or is there a weighting somehow whereby you can only upgrade certain levels at a time?

Thank you.

(And apologies for three posts in a week, I’m officially CC addicted.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello.. a query on how a waitlist operates.

An X 2019 cruise we are interested in is currently sold out for the relevant category. We’re considering going on a waitlist. How does this work?

Do i need to keep watching or does Celebrity do it for us? If I do it, what is the best way to manage it? I’ve got a list of the cabins I’m interested in - do I just keep doing mock bookings on X, or is there another tip?

At this stage, we will possibly book CC (hoping to move to RS). Is the waitlist first in, first served? Or is there a weighting somehow whereby you can only upgrade certain levels at a time?

Thank you.

(And apologies for three posts in a week, I’m officially CC addicted.)

In our experience RS don’t often come back up for sale and if they do it is right at final Payment time...Would you be happy in a Concierge Class room if a RS didn’t become available? Are there no SS or CS available? At least then you would still have Luminae and Michael’s.

We did ask about being waitlisted a couple of years ago....It did sound a bit ‘hit and miss’. As they also cannot confirm what price a suite will return for sale at this adds to the problem. For example, owing to a health issue we had to cancel a Millie PH cruise last year. We had originally booked it at £16,000, it returned to sale for over £20,000......So you could be waiting and then find out the price it returns to sale at is prohibitive....

Could you look at the same cruise alternative dates?

Could you look at the same cruise alternative dates?

Hi Chemmo -thank you for your wise words. Using your thoughts and some lateral thinking, we now have the RS of our dreams, on an entirely different cruise to an albeit equally exciting destination! Very pleased.

Hi Chemmo -thank you for your wise words. Using your thoughts and some lateral thinking, we now have the RS of our dreams, on an entirely different cruise to an albeit equally exciting destination! Very pleased.

So pleased for you, glad everything worked out well.

Much better than booking a ‘compromise’ that may or may not work.

Sincere best wishes for a wonderful cruise!