What does a "theme cruise" mean

I'm ready to book my next cruise and usually just book directly with RCCL. Just thought I'd check a bit. Never find a significant price difference with TAs but like to look. An online TA, for the cruise I'm interested has this note: Theme Cruise: We Will Rock You - The spectacular Olivier Award-winning musical phenomenon WE WILL ROCK YOU, rocked over 6.5 million people in a record-breaking 12 years at London’s Dominion Theatre. Written by legendary comedian and author Ben Elton and with a score of killer Queen tunes such as Radio Ga Ga, I Want to Break

What does this mean, theme cruise? We did this week/ship this year and weren't aware of any theme.

I'm ready to book my next cruise and usually just book directly with RCCL. Just thought I'd check a bit. Never find a significant price difference with TAs but like to look. An online TA, for the cruise I'm interested has this note: Theme Cruise: We Will Rock You - The spectacular Olivier Award-winning musical phenomenon WE WILL ROCK YOU, rocked over 6.5 million people in a record-breaking 12 years at London’s Dominion Theatre. Written by legendary comedian and author Ben Elton and with a score of killer Queen tunes such as Radio Ga Ga, I Want to Break

What does this mean, theme cruise? We did this week/ship this year and weren't aware of any theme.

I think I know the agency you are referring to (or a similar one)...the theme just refers to the Broadway production on board. For example, if you look at the Oasis sailings, you'll see the theme is "CATS"...nothing more furry other than the specific production show!

I think I know the agency you are referring to (or a similar one)...the theme just refers to the Broadway production on board. For example, if you look at the Oasis sailings, you'll see the theme is "CATS"...nothing more furry other than the specific production show!

Ok cool. Been on Anthem four times and enjoy WWRY but couldn't imagine a ship full of Freddies, despite my love for him. I pictured an Elvis like convention.

Ok cool. Been on Anthem four times and enjoy WWRY but couldn't imagine a ship full of Freddies, despite my love for him. I pictured an Elvis like convention.

...This....... This actually happened to me on Vision of the Seas a few years ago. We booked on to a sailing that also had an Elvis fan tribute going on. And there were dozens of Elvis walking around as well as hundreds of people wearing Elvis memorabilia and tons of decorated doors with Elvis related items.

https://cdn.cruisecritic.com/aW1hZ2VzL3VzZXItaW1hZ2VzLzU4NDQ1MDU3YTZhMzE2MTQyMzE2NDYuanBn/eyJ3aWR0aCI6OTg4fQ/vision-of-the-seas-royal-caribbean-45339.jpg

...This....... This actually happened to me on Vision of the Seas a few years ago. We booked on to a sailing that also had an Elvis fan tribute going on. And there were dozens of Elvis walking around as well as hundreds of people wearing Elvis memorabilia and tons of decorated doors with Elvis related items.

https://cdn.cruisecritic.com/aW1hZ2VzL3VzZXItaW1hZ2VzLzU4NDQ1MDU3YTZhMzE2MTQyMzE2NDYuanBn/eyJ3aWR0aCI6OTg4fQ/vision-of-the-seas-royal-caribbean-45339.jpg

Elvis? Elviss? Elvi??? Lolol

Google "Theme Cruise Finder" and you will find a list of many Theme Cruises and the ships they are on.

We followed a theme cruise on Celebrity titled Bare Necessities. Some of the cruisers did B2B and were on our cruise but fully clothed.