Just off the Allure

sublarry

Do you happen to know if you can pay for one day at the spa on Allure of the Seas? If so, do you know approximate cost? Thank you!

I think you can do one day. The week cost was $99 each or $175 (give or take a few bucks) for 2 for the week. I don’t remember seeing the daily price.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did you also stop in Nassau? If so, did you do an excursion?

We did not stop in Nassau. We typically don’t do ship excursions. In Nassau we found the Hilton British Colonial day pass is our favorite place. Last year it was $60 per person but they give a $40 drink and food credit. We loved it. Resort for a Day was the vendor.

Thanks

Larry

We had a super cruise. Concierges were top notch as were the bartenders. never an empty glass.

You can't beat the Coastal Kitchen for restaurants.

Couple negatives.

They implemented a paper boarding pass and your room card is on the outside of the cabin door where they put the tree mail. This sucks because anyone could open your room and take your amenities as well as use your card. This is a major security breach. Probably the person who did away with the reduced deposits back in August thought this one up. Our paper boarding pass did not work and we had to wait at the portal while someone went back to the pier check-in and printed us another paper boarding pass.

The elevators configuration is setup wrong. Many times an elevator with none or only one or two inside passed us by on floor 12. Not just one but three's and four's. Sometimes took 5-7 minutes to get an elevator.

We tried 150 for a restaurant - ordered the roast for two. We know they under cook the meat so we ordered it medium. We got one side raw and the other side rare. Won't go there again. Staff was OK as was ambience.

Mamma Mia - the old cast was much better. This cast just didn't have the warm feel and passion of the old one.

The pros:

Coastal Kitchen - best restaurant aboard any RCCL ship. Only Murano's on Celebrity exceeds that. Food was fantastic. Chef did schnitzel for lunch and had an outstanding seafood buffet for lunch on last sea day. Portions are exactly what we want - not huge like in MDR.

Suites Lounge - cannot say enough. We like the continental breakfast - parfaits, muesli, fancy pastries, berries, et al.

Trivias - nice to have new questions - Robo and Mike kept us entertained.

Crew - wonderful.

Pinnacle lunch in Giovanni's was superb. Captain and all senior officer's were there. Food was marvelous.

We liked the Allure and have 7 more booked on her.

Deck 17 forward was a nice haven away from the pool deck chaos.

After the fiasco on Freedom of the Seas a week prior we were glad to get on Allure. It's like coming home. In fact, my wife stated after we got into the Suites Lounge - "We're home". Enough said.

Anyway, just our $.02.

How was Grant Martin? I think this was his first cruise back as Activities Manager after his break.

We were also on this cruise. Grant was amazing! He was everywhere and so much fun! And I agree with the comment about the Love and Marriage Show. The couple was definitely on something....especially the girl.

Is it possible to ask for a table for 2 in Coastal Kitchen.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That is a suites only spot I think so we couldn’t go. I think there was a comment above. Maybe they can help you.

What did you do Falmouth?

We walked around the shops in the port shopping area. Then we ventured outside the gates for a little bit. I didn’t see anywhere I wanted to go into and had to fend off people selling weed, tours, cab rides and other things. We went back to the ship and I used the gym while my wife did the therms spa.

Going on allure of the seas in July......Is there an outdoor poolside movie screen or anywhere they show movies under the stars at night like Carnival?

There is a screen at the back of the ship where the rock walls are. They also do the Oceanaria show there.