Just off the Allure

sublarry

I guess my real question is, is this something new they implemented on Allure? This wasn't how we received our cards last time and I am trying to get an idea of what to expect in May.

Thanks again! Sorry my phrasing wasn't clear before.

Ocean Boy just got off Allure, perhaps he will see this and comment on how SeaPass cards are distributed on Allure.

I guess my real question is, is this something new they implemented on Allure? This wasn't how we received our cards last time and I am trying to get an idea of what to expect in May.

Thanks again! Sorry my phrasing wasn't clear before.

Yes, this is new for Allure. The ship has joined the list if Oasis and Quantum class ships that are using this system to distribute seapasses. One card will be outside the cabin door in a sealed cardboard like envelope and the rest will be inside the cabin.

Yes, this is new for Allure. The ship has joined the list if Oasis and Quantum class ships that are using this system to distribute seapasses. One card will be outside the cabin door in a sealed cardboard like envelope and the rest will be inside the cabin.

Thanks! Not sure how I feel about this change but I guess we'll find out if we like it in May :)

What type cabin did you have.

Were the beds comfortable.

How was the aqua show.

Hope to go on Allure sept.

Thanks Larry

Roxy,

We had an inside large cabin on deck 3. The bed was great. We loved the aqua show. They had a trampoline part that was my favorite. Blue Planet also had a trampoline part that was very well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks! Not sure how I feel about this change but I guess we'll find out if we like it in May :)

Everyone gets their own SetSail pass and that can be used to buy drinks until staterooms open and you can get SeaPass cards.

I thought it odd when I first read about it but it and didn't think I would like the system but it really is no big deal. Your seapass cannot be tampered with without you knowing it. It is located in an envelope that resembles a small, think FedEx, type package that has to be ripped open and there is no way to re-seal it. It is a small matter and not worth being concerned about. And if anyone did try to tamper with it I would not want to be them when they are identified on the cameras in the passageway.

What are WOW bands? Does Brilliance have them?

Only on the Quantum class and I believe Symphony. It's a wrist band that acts like the sea pass. However, you need the sea pass to embark/disembark. Loved them on the Quantum & Anthem. They charge $5 per band.

I thought it odd when I first read about it but it and didn't think I would like the system but it really is no big deal. Your seapass cannot be tampered with without you knowing it. It is located in an envelope that resembles a small, think FedEx, type package that has to be ripped open and there is no way to re-seal it. It is a small matter and not worth being concerned about. And if anyone did try to tamper with it I would not want to be them when they are identified on the cameras in the passageway.

I feel more reassured now! And since I found out that we can use our boarding passes to order drinks, I guess it really shouldn't be an issue. Thank you so much for all your help!

I can't imagine a world where the place you receive your SeaPass card could possibly ruin or alter your cruise in any serious way.

You **have** to have your SetSail pass to get on the ship. Non-negotiable. You can still buy stuff with the pass you are required to have until you get the SeaPass cards.

The cruise is fairly closed-loop in almost every possible way for transactions. If someone went to the trouble to steal your card from your door on Day One, they buy XXX with it. The cameras see who it really was. The ship is only so big, even with 6,000+ guests there isn't really anywhere you can hide... for long, at least.

We are taking the Allure with same itinerary. Trying to decide on Port or Starboard rooms. We like to be on the island side when docked. Any suggestions?

Not guaranteed, but Allure will most often dock on the starboard side.

I not a fan of the new way they will hand out the sea pass cards.

In the past, we always had issues with our seapasses (missing drink stickers, etc.) so it was nice to get them when we checked in because we could head to guest services or the drink sales stands to take care of it. We are usually at the terminal around 11 am so we'd fix our issues and then head to lunch. This time around, I guess we'll grab drinks and lunch first and fix our issues later on.

I don’t know my port from my starboard, but as you look from the back of the ship to the front of the ship the gangway was on the right.

Port and Left both have 4 letters. As seen from the back of the ship looking forward.

Port and Left both have 4 letters. As seen from the back of the ship looking forward.

This is the method I use too. You can take it further with colours. The shorter words are all together:

left

port

red

right

starboard

green