Just off the Allure

sublarry

Keith,

It was great. Very windy sailing away from Ft.Lauderdale and most of the sea day on Monday. It was cloudy and rained on the sea day heading back.

We loved the cruise from the minute we stepped on the ship. The entertainment was great. Food was cruise food. We did the main dining room three nights and the Brazilian steakhouse one night. The Brazilian was $30 per person.

We were on the Labadee, Falmouth, Cozumel itinerary.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How was the Brazilian steakhouse? Our favorite place to eat at home is a brazilian steakhouse so we are very interested in the one on ship but ive seen very little information on it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

How was the Brazilian steakhouse? Our favorite place to eat at home is a brazilian steakhouse so we are very interested in the one on ship but ive seen very little information on it.

I thought it was kind of expensive for what we got but I had never been before and everyone has said it was pretty cheap compared to a real one. I didn’t like the lamb or the filet but everything else was very good. They have a small salad bar but a ton of side items you could get. They had a key lime dessert that was great.

Were the SeaPass cards left outside your stateroom door on embarkation day?

Yes, they have one on the door and one inside for the other guest.

They also leave all of your “tree mail” on the door as well.

How far out could you book the show times? Going in December.

I believe you can start booking about 90 days out. I booked as soon as it was available. Remember to take your dining option into consideration. I forgot that part.

If you are on the Western swing they all aboard was 5:00 one day and 6:30 for Cozumel.

We did the 5:00 Mamma Mia and had early dining. We also missed the dining room on Cozumel day.

Formal night was the first sea day and the Friday night coming back.

We sailed on Allure Jan14-21 and went to Samba the first night. My favorite restaurant is Texas de Brazil and although the idea is the same, it is not as good. There is a salad bar with regular salad things, and a new addition, at least to us, compared to a year ago January, there is another area that has side dishes.

They had corn, mashed potatoes, au gratin potatoes, asparagus, rolls and possibly a few other things. The dessert area is better than last year's also.

The meats were quite good as was the service. The manager of Samba came around several times to see how things were. I do believe that many complained about how poor everything was last year and they are making a real effort to improve things.

I don't think all the meat was that great in that the sirloin steak was tough. Unlike Texas de Brazil, when it comes to serving filet mignon, there were only 2 pieces of meat on the skewer and there were 2 of us, so I felt they didn't want anyone to take more than 1 piece at a time.

I do have to say it was like night and day compared to a year ago in January. We are going again in July and I am sure we will go to Samba again as it was a good experience and we have a 5 night dining package.

We walked around the shops in the port shopping area. Then we ventured outside the gates for a little bit. I didn’t see anywhere I wanted to go into and had to fend off people selling weed, tours, cab rides and other things. We went back to the ship and I used the gym while my wife did the therms spa.

Try one of the all-inclusive (beautiful) resorts next time. Once we discovered those, our opinion of Falmouth has totally changed...for the better:)

Try one of the all-inclusive (beautiful) resorts next time. Once we discovered those, our opinion of Falmouth has totally changed...for the better:)

I suppose that is like us with Nassau. I always hated going there but we finally found a place.

We cruised into Ocho one time and it was better. We did go to a beach club there. It wasn’t the greatest and we didn’t want to spend time in a bus from the cruise line.

Walking around outside the pier area was much better at Ocho than Falmouth. I think that was my main point.

We were able to find some decent looking restaurants and did a little shopping, but there was nothing like that at Falmouth.

We already had a beach club reserved for Cozumel and took our chances. I didn’t do as much studying the port beforehand as I usually do so that part was my fault.

Thanks for the suggestion!

I suppose that is like us with Nassau. I always hated going there but we finally found a place.

We cruised into Ocho one time and it was better. We did go to a beach club there. It wasn’t the greatest and we didn’t want to spend time in a bus from the cruise line.

Walking around outside the pier area was much better at Ocho than Falmouth. I think that was my main point.

We were able to find some decent looking restaurants and did a little shopping, but there was nothing like that at Falmouth.

We already had a beach club reserved for Cozumel and took our chances. I didn’t do as much studying the port beforehand as I usually do so that part was my fault.

Thanks for the suggestion!

In Falmouth, we go to Pepper's Jerk Center. A lot of locals go there.

Red Stripe on tap, foods good. Everything is cheap. Walking distance from Pier.

I bring buttons to the ladies there.

Were the SeaPass cards left outside your stateroom door on embarkation day?

Yes - one was in a sealed envelope in the tree mail slot and the rest were inside.

Here's what the paper boarding pass looks like, redacted of course.

I hate those paper things - they don't scan properly (as we found out and got stuck at the boarding portal) plus the security issue of anyone can get into your room and swipe your amenities or plant a camera. The envelope inside has your free Internet codes in it, as well as your bottles of wine could be swiped. Not that I'm paranoid.

new-sign-and-sail-boarding-pass-redacted.pdf

Debark Method In FLL?

We willboard on 2/18/18 so thank you for the current info.

How did youdebark once back in FLL? We need to get to the airport pretty quickly so tornbetween self-debark and dragging all of our luggage ourselves, or trusting ourluck to the normal process with the group numbers hoping we get or can attain alow number.

Youmentioned being paranoid, me too, so would like to nail it down.

FYI – old saying,“just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean someone is not out to get you”.

Thanksagain,

Yes - one was in a sealed envelope in the tree mail slot and the rest were inside.

Here's what the paper boarding pass looks like, redacted of course.

I hate those paper things - they don't scan properly (as we found out and got stuck at the boarding portal) plus the security issue of anyone can get into your room and swipe your amenities or plant a camera. The envelope inside has your free Internet codes in it, as well as your bottles of wine could be swiped. Not that I'm paranoid.

This is the new Set Sail Pass? I assume you only use it on boarding day and then you use you room card to get back on board on port days? If the cards on on door is your picture no longer on them?

This is the new Set Sail Pass? I assume you only use it on boarding day and then you use you room card to get back on board on port days? If the cards on on door is your picture no longer on them?

The card is just as before. Either you upload a picture when you do your on-line checkin or they take it at the terminal. The only change is you don't get your seapass in the terminal.

Debark Method In FLL?

We willboard on 2/18/18 so thank you for the current info.

How did youdebark once back in FLL? We need to get to the airport pretty quickly so tornbetween self-debark and dragging all of our luggage ourselves, or trusting ourluck to the normal process with the group numbers hoping we get or can attain alow number.

Youmentioned being paranoid, me too, so would like to nail it down.

FYI – old saying,“just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean someone is not out to get you”.

Thanksagain,

If you have a Suite or Pinnacle the Concierge will guide you, off bypassing everyone, at the time you want - just ask. If not, take all your junk with you, be the first walk-off and stage at 06:00 at the gangway portal, and roll off. We used to do that prior to making Pinnacle or having a Suite. You'll get the first cabs to the airport. That's what I would do.