Dressing for dinner??? Help!

crazyboutdisney

We are new to NCL and are used to dressing up a bit for dinner and usually having elegant nights. We are sailing on the Getaway Sunday and I am curious as to what is appropriate for dinner? We are on a themed cruise w evening activities and I don’t want to have to go and change. Are nice jean capris in denim or tan w a nice top acceptable? I usually wear dress capris.

Thanks!

We are new to NCL and are used to dressing up a bit for dinner and usually having elegant nights. We are sailing on the Getaway Sunday and I am curious as to what is appropriate for dinner? We are on a themed cruise w evening activities and I don’t want to have to go and change. Are nice jean capris in denim or tan w a nice top acceptable? I usually wear dress capris.

Thanks!

You are fine. NCL embraces the "dress up or not" attitude. For example, it is perfectly acceptable to wear shorts in all main dining rooms (Tropicana, Taste, Savor). Most people dress up a little (jeans o.k.) There are no formal nights. And no one would give you a second look if you waltzed into the MDR with shorts and polo shirt.

The only dining rooms that request gents wear long pants are the Le Bistro and Ocean Blue specialty restaurants. All other specialty restaurants allows shorts.

As was said, there are no formal nights so you do not have to dress 'up' if you don't want to. That said, no one will look at you and laugh if you want to. We were on the Breakaway for a 14 day cruise. We ate in Taste most of the time, but we did try the Manhattan Room a couple of times. There, we did see more people dress up for sinner and we even saw a few Tux's being worn with ladies in gowns. It's up to you. No one else even cares.

Cheers

Len