No more 'Cocktail of the Day' on Princess?

AngryKing

I am sad to hear this. My DH and I are not drinkers but we do like the Chocolate monkey and the Pina Colada drinks on a cruise. We bought the hurricane glass on our honeymoon and it sits proudly in our room to this day. We even use it to save money for our future cruises....

What a sad thing to hear!!!! It was always something we would look and see when we got the patter--what the cocktail of the day was, even if we didn't get one. And the bar hopping card, etc, were just fun...

I hope Princess will come to their senses and reinstate this...too many negative changes and people will look elsewhere for their vacation..because it won't be princess like anymore anyway. :(

Just returned from Sapphire last week.....

There was no drink or shooter of the day, just a highlight from the normal menu, as others have mentioned.

They did have the Bar Hop cards. We completed them, and are now the proud owners of 2 T-shirts that said "I completed the Princess Bar Hop". Only Medium T-shirts were available, so they may be clearing out stock.

You are lucky. I was on the Sapphire in late Sept (the repo cruise from Vancouver down to Los Angeles) and when I completed the bar hop I got a t-shirt that had the Miller Lite logo on it. It had nothing to do with Princess or the bar hop. I think it was leftover from some sort of promotion. I was so disappointed. I thought I'd get something with a Princess logo, even if it was only a cheap key chain.

I am leaving on the Sun Jan. 07, 06 and my wife just love those drinks.

Personnaly I buy a bottle of rhum on the boad (10.00 apr) and do myself some rhum and coke! much cheaper!

They shoul have the real all inclusive cruise.

Like when you go to an all inclusive hotel!

Anyway it is book but I will still send them a message to Princess to express my desapointment about it.

If no one do so, they wont know our opinion.

Best

Francois

I probably won't miss them... Most seemed to be some rum thing which did not excite me.. I still think Princess has the best price for drink size we have experienced. It is nice having the choice of three sizes. The HAL drinks were a joke for what we paid. And X was not much better.

But the bar is nice to have .... but not high on the "gotta be the best to cruise this line" list... :)

I just got off the Sun on Dec 8th, a wonderful cruise! :cool: I have a Patter right in front of me now. It has more color but seems the same basic format of my other Princess cruises. On the last night they still give you a Log of the Cruise which gives you all sorts of statistics, I enjoy that. I was also disappointed at no drink of the day. All I see on my patters is Signature Collection at mostly $6.50 and Martini of the Day at mostly $5.25. I was never interested in the Signature drinks so just ordered pina coladas or BBC's when I was out by the pool. They no longer had a small size drink, only medium and large, I had the mediums, can't remember the prices but they were more than previous cruises...didn't stop me from having they though, prices are up all over! Also on a few occasions I had a martini but the one I wanted wasn't the special of the day so I just got what I wanted. For me the lack of a small size was more upsetting than not having the drink of the day. It didn't spoil my cruise and I still drank what and when I wanted just like the other cruises, (I am not a big drinker). I would much rather the drink prices go up than to have a fuel charge added, (that would hit my pocketbook a whole lot harder). :eek: I have always found the free drinks to be rather watered down, would rather pay for one I enjoyed and if I couldn't afford it would drink coffee or iced tea! Seeking out everything that is free is rather tackey to me!

On Celebrity in Apr. they still had the drink of the day but no prices listed. They also had 2 for 1 drinks in different areas of the ship. At that time they were more than Princess but I was then comparing the price to Princess drink of the day. As I recall I paid about the same for drinks I had on both cruises. The free drinks on both were both watered down. The martini I like on X was over $10, on Princess was a little over $5 and a little better on X but the BBC was better on Princess.

When I go on a cruise I notice the changes but just accept them as I love to cruise and will do so as long as I am able! The prices haven't gone up as much as our gas prices and I still have to drive every day....no work, no pay, no cruise!!!!

Carol

Bummer about the drink of the day! We recently sailed on RCCL and they don't have it either! Ask you TA's for a coupon book that contains the "buy one drink and get one free." We use those.

All I have to say is, there will be alot of acohol packed in bubble wrap for our future cruises!

I don't know how recently you cruised on Royal Caribbean but last October the Cruise Compasses on the Jewel of the Seas touted 'drinks of the day' every day of our 10 night cruise.

On my cruise in mid-December, they still had the Princess Bar Hop cards and they were still giving away the "I Completed the Princess Bar Hop" t-shirt. Looks like they may phasing out that promotion too.

I definitely think it's a great idea to send Princess a friendly email expressing thoughts and feelings regarding this issue. It couldn't hurt.:D

On my cruise in mid-December, they still had the Princess Bar Hop cards and they were still giving away the "I Completed the Princess Bar Hop" t-shirt. Looks like they may phasing out that promotion too.

I definitely think it's a great idea to send Princess a friendly email expressing thoughts and feelings regarding this issue. It couldn't hurt.:D

I`m all for sending an email, this is a real dissapointment.:( Can someone give me an email address to send to?

They dont have the @mail! only a fax 661-284-4747.

Why I have that is that today I called princess in order to get my liter of rum in my room at arrival; as I am use to.

The gentlement that aswered me advised me that you can not anymore have a liter or you favorite alcool to your room.

Only small 375ml with soft drinks.

Very desapointing. I am thinking to bring my own rum aboard.

Best

I was on the Coral princess from 12/14-12/24 and they did not have the drink of the day but did have the signature drink for $6.50 as some others have said. They did have 5 beers for the price of 4 also. I was also unhappy to hear that there would no longer be a drink of the day because it was a good way to pay less and get to try something different. Someone else posted that people would probably not drink less due to this but I will tell you that I did and will continue to drink less but mainly due to the fact that the drinks I had were lacking alcohol. I think the only thing to due is stick with wine or beer. I was also told I could not get a virgin chocolate banana drink, which was probably not the truth. I think Princess has made a mistake with doing away with the drink of the day (alcoholic and non-alcoholic).

The DH and I are just off the Sapphire and the Bar Hopper card is alive and well. We brought wine and champagne on board and ordered drinks just once at dinner and at 2 CC “hi and you are” get together fun times. We were surprised to find the drink of the day and sticker to start the cruise with a “bang” no longer existed. We recovered quickly by sitting on our balcony with a bottle of wine instead. :)

I was on the November 20th sailing of the Tahitian Princess. They still had the very economic drink of the day at $3.75. The Tee Many Martoonies special, and the shooter of the day. Of course the early bird Bloody Mary and Screwdriver special. The Bar Hopper Card was also available. All the prices were amazing low. I sure hope they don't do away with specials.

On our 10/22 Sapphire sailing, the drink of the day was listed in the patter. I'm sad to hear that this has become a thing of the past. It was a great deal to get strawberry daiquiris for less than $3!

I'm not sure if this topic has been covered yet, but I just recently went on my 4th Princess cruise and I discovered something very disturbing on this last one. NO MORE COCKTAIL OF THE DAY..... or Mocktail, or Shooter of the Day.

According to a bartender aboard the Sapphire Princess on my cruise, she said that Princess did away with the Drinks of the Day. Who remembers when Princess had the Cocktail of the Day for $3.75? Well, this is now a thing of the past. You'll pay anywhere from $4.50 to $6.50 for a small cocktail on Princess ships. Back when Princess was still offereing the Cocktail of the Day, I was buying about 15 or so drinks every cruise! This past cruise, I only bought 1 drink!

Princess also got rid of their Hurricane Promotion. Where you'd purchase the Rum Punch in a plastic hurricane glass and you'd receive a sticker to put on your ship card, and with that sticker, you'd get the Cocktail of the Day for ONLY $3.25! This was a great deal that led to future cocktail purchases.

C'mon Princess! Why did you get rid of those promotions? I can easily say I won't be partying as hard on Princess Cruises anymore.... well only if I bring my own alcohol on board.

Not only is Princess requiring us to pay their exorbitant prices for a sub-standard drink, but are confiscating any whiskey they find in luggage to be returned at the end of the cruise.

It will take a lot of people like us to tell Princess what we think about this outrageous policy. I for one will.

We went on a RCCL cruise in mid November and it is the same there as well. I was really looking forward to getting back the Princess this Feb for a 14 nighter. I guess we will just have to make a wine stop before we board. Wine is my favorite anyway. We just like trying the drink of the day everyday. I am sure as with others that have posted here, that will be something alot of us will no longer do so Princess...you loose here and that is one more thing that makes Princess just like all the others.

On the Caribbean Princess, week of 9/17-9/24 I was disappointed to find there was no longer a drink of the day. A bartender told me that they had one the 1st day of the cruise and it was rum punch. I was waiting for the margeritas and pina coladas and missed it. I won't be drinking as much (which might be a good thing.)

What is the bar hopper card???? I have sailed alot of princess have never encountered this????

We are going to miss the drink of the day specials while at the pool on sea days..:( Also the 2for 1 shooters while in Jammers on the Dawn..we ahd 50 of them lined up on a table last year (there were 15-20 folks doing toasts):rolleyes:

Archived