Sunshine ....live

Angelica1104

So we determined that the Havana Bar does not sell Cuban cigars. No Cubans for sale anywhere on the ship. Also the Havana Bar is on 9Aft with JiJis and Cucina on either side so no smoking anywhere in Havana Bar. JiJis has Mongolian Wok and Cucina has a pasta bar for lunch.

Dinner was very good at Cucina tonight. The bread and house salad with Lemoncello vinagarette were great. Hubs had short rib and I had Nonnas meatballs w linguine and red sauce. If you don't care for garlic, steer clear of Nonnas meatballs. I love garlic. It was fresh and the meatballs were well-seasoned with them.

As a surprise, hubs ordered a Valentines cake for us to enjoy. It was white almond cake with strawberry mousse filling. We took it down to main DR and gave it to our headwaiter to keep refrigerated for us so we can enjoy it and share it with our table mates.

Our upcoming trip will be our first Carnival in years. I am MORE than a bit disappointed to hear about the ice bucket. DH uses the ice all day long. I'll be down at the services desk if this happens to us, and writing Carnival a letter post cruise.

Some things may seem little to others, but this is a HUGE one for us. Dh spends a LOT of time in the cabin and drinks a LOT of water and ice while there. Waiting around on room service to deliver ice is unacceptable. (Yes, dh is in the room, but not necessarily for hours at one time, feeling as though he can't leave while waiting for ice that we are accustomed to having refreshed twice daily, whether he's there or not.)

If the stewards are not going to deliver, do as the hotels and put the machines at the end of the hall. Talk about going downhill. Ugh!

I've been trying to go into this cruise with an open mind. I booked it more for my adult son who likes to have someone to vacation with. Princess was a bit 'silver', and we all don't care for the changes under the new regime at Norwegian. Enter, Carnival.

I've kept saying, while reading these boards, worst case this, worst case that. No ice........OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll take it up at the services desk. *sigh* :(

Keep thinking of sitting on that balcony, enjoying the stars......

Take gallon zip lock bags and go to Lido and fill up the bag there. I take a collapsible cooler and our room steward fills it twice a day. If I need some before he gets to it I fill up the zip locks at the beverage stations on Lido.