Need advice for Skagway, Alaska Port

JP-Cruise

Here is some info on some easy and not so easy hiking trails. Lower Dewey Lake is a nice one and you get some great views overlooking town. Smugglers Cove is very easy and short.

https://www.alaska.org/assets/content/maps/Trail%20Maps/skagway-trail-guide.pdf

Thank you for the link! I will surely save this for future trips to Skagway. I just don’t think I’ll be doing anything of these on this trip because I’m going on my cruise myself and would never go hiking alone, only do guided hikes to be safe :)

Heck...if u are going solo by all means the HIKE...the HIKE...did I say THE HIKE!!!!!!!!;p

Because the next time you go...you might have to go with "the majority."

I m Gng in May a 7 day RT out of Seattle..... booking snorkeling in Ketchikan.....figure that will be something different.....

Enjoy...your cruise.....looks like you have planned some wonderful excursions......

Heck...if u are going solo by all means the HIKE...the HIKE...did I say THE HIKE!!!!!!!!;p

Because the next time you go...you might have to go with "the majority."

I m Gng in May a 7 day RT out of Seattle..... booking snorkeling in Ketchikan.....figure that will be something different.....

Enjoy...your cruise.....looks like you have planned some wonderful excursions......

I totally am loving your enthusiasm!!! I know every time I watch documentaries showing snow capped mountains I always get all chocked up and think about this hiking excursion! lol.

You make a good point, and if I save this hike for next time I go with people, I will always have to do with the ones in my family who are concerned for my safety, saying "what if you get attacked by a bear, what if you fall and hurt yourself etc". Then I gotta defend myself and say "I'm with a guide, I'll be FINEEEEE lol"

Thank you so much. This will definitely top my previous Alaska trip from last year. I am doing the SB8 cruisetour with princess. Also doing to the kenai fjords cruise, taking a plane to the peak of Denali, taking a bus to Kennicott and hiking on root glacier (just to say I hiked in Wrangel St Elias National Park, the biggest national park in the US) and the Kantishna tour in Denali :). I can't wait for this trip! I dream about it every night lol