Diamond Info and Good and Bad - Liberty of the Seas (from 2/4/18 Sailing)

baabtx

I drink beer, so I'm happy. I get a free picture, to add to my collection of free pictures, so I'm happy. Buy one, get one free drinks, I'm happy. 3 free spins, I'm happy. Once I won a t-shirt woohoo. Other items are discounts. Maybe I will use it, maybe I won't but I will take the discount. Now the big one ---- I would find it a perk, being allowed to get off the ship last. I have never, tried to get off the ship before 9:00. We get up, eat breakfast and leave sometime after 9:00.

Hi all,

Just off the Liberty of the Seas February 4th Sailing. Great time had by our small group (4 of us). Just in case anyone needs the information of what is offered for Diamond Members I'm attaching that information as well as information about Diamond Lounge on the Ship.

The good - 3 drinks at other bars instead of the Diamond Lounge. Makes it a little easier if the place is packed (it was full on many nights, not overflowing so could walk in get a drink and take it to lounge outside which was not very crowded).

The Concierge - he was fantastic. And although I didn't use him too much for stuff (only tender tickets and luggage tags which I'll address later) he was enthusiastic, funny and attentive. Bartenders were also good as was staff outside of Diamond lounge.

The Bad: Some of the perks we just won't use and/or give us options. We don't use the photo service as much as we did when we first cruised, so that one is out.

The Chardonnay....simply put if it costs $3.48 retail at Total Wine ...then the cost wholesale is a whole lot less....and it is evident in the TASTE - just awful. I thought last year we had a couple of options on same ship, but couldn't remember. But it's sad that a cruise line rewarding it's more loyal customers with such junk. I'd rather them buy the Costco Sonoma Chardonnay ($6.99 retail at Costco - so I'm sure wholesale is less), it's much much better as are many wine that may not be that much more...but that some was horrid. (I opted for Pinot Grigio, which was a bit more palatable). RCI can and SHOULD do better. (and there were a bunch of Platinum members on board - if I were them.....).

Johnny Rockets - since the service charge is $8.20 per person - why do they only offer us 2 for 1 on a Milkshake or whatever. I can't do dairy (lactose) so that was out. I'd rather them give us one free admission to JR instead. Oh and why the heck is it $8.20... I can pay about same going to the Johnny Rockets down the road at the San Marcos Outlet Mall (in TX) for the same food and service.

Disembarkation priority. Was really shocked to see when our disembark tags arrived in our cabin that we were in one of the last 4 groups. I'm pretty simple, but haven't spend thousands cruising with one company to be one of the last off the ship.

I am attaching pics of the perks sheet as well as Diamond Lounge Info. Will still sail RCI, but just a few thoughts.

Right on the RCCI wines keep getting worst.. The red wine is just bad, bad, bad bad... Undrinkable. When i have posted this opinion before i have gotten comments back that it is free but it is not free we paid the increase charge for the suites. Like you said the Diamond lounge and the Suite lounge server the same wines. Our earlier cruise i have requested a wine that's include on the drink package and the bar guys stocked it the rest of the cruise. But on our last two cruises they just looked at me like "its free move on..." The limit on the cruise package $12 glass of wine which here at home is a $9 bottle and drinkable. (On the ship its like $40)...

Come RCCI treat your high paying and loyal customer better.

Royal house wines are the worst!!!!! And they have gotten worst over the last few years. They have reasonable wines at the bars and i just don't understand why they can't offer theses in the Diamond and Suite lounges. I believe it was our 3rd cruise out of G on the Navigator the attendance went got a few bottles of the reasonable wines from the bar and keep them in the suite lounge for us... The Royal wines are similar to the cheap wine offered at hotel evening events....
The white zin is nice. [emoji6]

Make sure you ask for Beringer, Mariner has another on in some venues

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app