E-mail upsell offer question

CruzCrazy

You will only retain your OBC if the new offer also included OBC. For example today I noticed the price went down for my cruise so I am going to request the new rate. With the rate I currently have it came with 450 OBC. The new rate does not include OBC so I will lose that but with the price difference I still come out ahead.

You can't pay for upgrades with OBC. You have to be onboard for that. When I have a lot of OBC I usually opt to not prepay gratuities and then I can use it for that.

I'm sorry if I sound stupid and/or nosy, but lst, HOW do you get a $450 OBC? Is that for price drops? And how do you know you would lose it? :confused:

I THINK there's some confusion here - if you get and email or call from Carnival to upgrade your room, your booking number and everything stays the same.

If you see a price drop and call to get the new rate, you might lose the OBC.

I received the email upsell yesterday and took advantage of it, that didn't change anything on my booking

I'm sorry if I sound stupid and/or nosy, but lst, HOW do you get a $450 OBC? Is that for price drops? And how do you know you would lose it? :confused:

I was supposed to be on a cancelled Fascination cruise back in October. Our cancellation offer was $200 in OBC if we rebooked on the same ship. I received a price drop the other day that got me the other $237.

I guess that is why they call it OBC- On Board Credit:confused:....LoL

With an ES booking I have read that if a category above the one you are currently booked on becomes cheaper than what you paid then you can upgrade to that room. Half of my credit is due to a price drop so I thought maybe I could put it towards an upgrade. Thanks for your helpful response though (y)

I was supposed to be on a cancelled Fascination cruise back in October. Our cancellation offer was $200 in OBC if we rebooked on the same ship. I received a price drop the other day that got me the other $237.

With an ES booking I have read that if a category above the one you are currently booked on becomes cheaper than what you paid then you can upgrade to that room. Half of my credit is due to a price drop so I thought maybe I could put it towards an upgrade. Thanks for your helpful response though (y)[/quote

Too bad about the cancellation. Glad you were able to reschedule. So another question: I always do a mock booking of MY category to see if I can get either a price reduction or OBC. I didn't even think that if a category ABOVE mine was cheaper I could apply for reduction/OBC. Is this true? I handpicked my cabin and don't want to move, really.