St John/Trunk bay snorkeling - current conditions post hurricane?

firstalaskatrip

Sorry I didn't get here sooner.....hope those of you who went on April 20th had a great time.

When they do begin charging the fee at Trunk once again, they do accept the National Park Pass. We've used ours before and we'll have it with us when we head back next month.

Very happy to hear about all the fish at Trunk!

ENJOY!!!

• 1 month later...

We don't get into St. Thomas until 12:30 on our cruise...we will be there until 10 pm....is that too late to go to St. John? I see that the ferry runs late into the night, but want to make sure that the beach/sun will still be nice.

We don't get into St. Thomas until 12:30 on our cruise...we will be there until 10 pm....is that too late to go to St. John? I see that the ferry runs late into the night, but want to make sure that the beach/sun will still be nice.

You didn't say when you are sailing but at this time of year the sun sets earlier than most visitors from the states expect. The nearer one is to the equator the more equal the day/night cycle. Right now the sun is setting about 7pm and there is no long twilight. It gets really dark almost immediately. And yes the ferry runs late but not everyone is comfortable being that far from the cruise port after dark. It is a personal decision if the time on the beach is worth the cost of the trip (but St. John is beautiful). Hope this helps.

I can't imagine anywhere else I'd rather be, any time of any day! If the ferry is running late enough (when I was there on May 20 it ran until about 6 or 7) for you to spend a few hours on the beach, I'd say do it!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Sorry I didn't get here sooner.....hope those of you who went on April 20th had a great time.

When they do begin charging the fee at Trunk once again, they do accept the National Park Pass. We've used ours before and we'll have it with us when we head back next month.

Very happy to hear about all the fish at Trunk!

ENJOY!!!

Yes, they will accept the National Park pass once they begin charging again. I was there May 20 and it was still free, but before I realized that, I was lamenting that I had left my pass back on the ship. The ranger said I didn't need it that day anyway (indicating that he would've taken it otherwise). The passes are good for any/all of the national park sites.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk