West Palm Beach Airport to South Beach

nautica34

I'll be flying into West Palm Beach for a cruise out of Miami (flying in day before). Thinking of taking the Tri-Rail from West Palm Beach airport to Miami airport and then taking the flyer bus to the hotel I'll be staying in South Beach. I've haven't been on Tri-Rail or flyer bus. Wondering if this is the best way to go about it or if there is an easier way while trying to stay economical. I'm flying into West Palm as it was less than Miami or Ft, Lauderdale. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

That's an economical option - you could also save time, but spend more, if you get off at FLL and Uber/Lyft from there to SB for about $30-35. You might also look into a one-way car rental - drop the car off as soon as you get to SB to avoid the pricey parking fees most hotels charge (if they even have parking).

I'll be flying into West Palm Beach for a cruise out of Miami (flying in day before). Thinking of taking the Tri-Rail from West Palm Beach airport to Miami airport and then taking the flyer bus to the hotel I'll be staying in South Beach. I've haven't been on Tri-Rail or flyer bus. Wondering if this is the best way to go about it or if there is an easier way while trying to stay economical. I'm flying into West Palm as it was less than Miami or Ft, Lauderdale. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

This will take you HOURS. As in four to five. I'm not kidding.

I'd Uber.

This will take you HOURS. As in four to five. I'm not kidding.

I'd Uber.

Knew it would take a while but didn't expect 4 to 5 hours. Thought it was 2 or so hours on Tri-Rail. Appreciate the suggestion about Uber. I'm sure it would be quite costly from West Palm and I tried Uber once (not a good experience). I'll be going alone this time so even more concerned with Uber. I assume shuttle from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami wouldn't be an option

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

You can find the airport flyer bus schedule on line -- if you ride the train to MIA and miss the bus you'll wait about 30 min for the next bus.

The tri-rail train stops at FLL, but you'll need a shuttle bus to get from the train stop to the terminal - from there you can catch a shuttle to Miami or Miami Beach. Check with Go Airport, SAS, QLS and others suggested on this board.

I'd take another look at a one-way car rental -- simple and straightforward

You can find the airport flyer bus schedule on line -- if you ride the train to MIA and miss the bus you'll wait about 30 min for the next bus.

The tri-rail train stops at FLL, but you'll need a shuttle bus to get from the train stop to the terminal - from there you can catch a shuttle to Miami or Miami Beach. Check with Go Airport, SAS, QLS and others suggested on this board.

I'd take another look at a one-way car rental -- simple and straightforward

Thanks for the suggestions and information. Unless I'm doing something wrong, can't find rental for under $80 with taxes. Found 1 which the taxes were more than the rental, still around $80. Looked at a couple of the shuttles from Ft. Lauderdale, reasonably priced but not knowing the exact time I'll arrive from train makes it a challenge.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app