REVIEW - a family trip on Carnival Dream in February 2018

B4May

Kids Club - Camp Ocean

Both my boys spend quite a lot of time in Camp Ocean and really enjoyed it! They were in two different groups - Penguins for 2-5 years old and Sharks for 9-11. They had fun theme nights in the evenings that the kids loved - Pirate Party, Color War, Prince and Princesses, etc. The younger ones made fun crafts like a telescope, a crown, bug hats, and there was a lot of face painting for that age group as well.

My older son loved all the video game consoles - TVs were all around the room with a different game on each one. They also spent time doing more active things like playing gaga ball. Like I mentioned previously, the only thing that was a little odd was that his group was sometimes down in the Club O2 area or in an empty conference room on deck 4. Not a huge deal but it made it a little inconvenient for one parent to pick them both up or drop them both off.

There are a few times during the week when Camp does a fee-based or "independent" activity. For the 9-11s who could check themselves out, they sent them on a ship scavenger hunt and those who couldn't check out had to stay behind and so some other activity. Also there's a Build A Bear workshop time, and a Groove for St. Jude party on the Lido deck.

One thing I super love about Carnival's kids club is the kids dinner. Both my boys love getting to eat with their buddies and we love getting to eat dinner by ourselves. They don't offer anything like that on Norwegian. It's offered at 6pm each night in Pasta Bella, so they are in a totally separate area from other diners. The menu is different every night and is listed in the Camp activity schedule. Also, all age groups eat together, so that's great for siblings to spend some time together as well.

Also, something important to note is that Camp Ocean starts at 2 years old, a year younger than Norwegian. And they give you cell phones if you have a younger child so they can contact you if needed while you're out and about on the ship - you get it at the beginning and keep it all week. That is a nice added benefit for peace of mind.

The last evening is the Kids Fun Farewell and they usually watch a movie and get a little souvenir of some kind. It used to be Carnival t-shirts that they colored but this year it was string bags with their group's animal. Both my boys really liked them.

You can pick up the printed camp schedule for the entire week on the first day.

Thanks for this information. I am taking my 3 year old grandson on a cruise and wondered if they had a way to contact you.

• 2 weeks later...