Ask me...Just back from MSC Seaside 10th to 17th Feb 2018

johnnyrotten1970

We are just back from MSC Seaside. We sailed from 10th to 17th Feb 2018.

It was fabulous.

Feel free to ask me questions

Was there any dancing and if so, where. We like ballroom dancing and I am not seeing any place to do that on this ship :(

We are booked to go in April BUT some friends who are experienced cruisers just returned and said the food AND service in the Dining Room was TERRIBLE! They did enjoy the entertainment, however.

MAYBE the Yacht Club is better, but a "regular" booking should provide very good quality food and service. The buffet was also reported to be very poor. There are also language problems because many of their staff are not very proficient in English. NOT looking fporward to this!

braxx20 - over 100 cruises taken, ; mostly RCCL, almost all the others including Crystal

We are booked to go in April BUT some friends who are experienced cruisers just returned and said the food AND service in the Dining Room was TERRIBLE! They did enjoy the entertainment, however.

MAYBE the Yacht Club is better, but a "regular" booking should provide very good quality food and service. The buffet was also reported to be very poor. There are also language problems because many of their staff are not very proficient in English. NOT looking fporward to this!

braxx20 - over 100 cruises taken, ; mostly RCCL, almost all the others including Crystal

It's not that bad....Food and service in the dining room is just ok. They guys seems to be trying but also seem inexperienced. The food was very good some nights and just not that well prepared some other nights.

The buffet was actually fine as buffets go and I hate buffets. I avoid them like the plague, but actually ate in the buffet more on this cruise than most of the others we have been on (just breakfast and lunch)

We ate in all the specialty restaurants and they were all very good. We went for brunch in Butchers Cut twice...once it was perfect, the second time it was ok for most of our party but my hubby never got his food.

Curious about the 7courses at Roy Yamaguchi? What did you get? I thought you could only pick 3 items off a set menu.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

If you count rice, soup, veggies, as courses, then, yeah, maybe 7? They had several menu choices, from about $30-$60 with the more expensive on have filet mignon and lobster.

Most of the other specialty restaurants had "Expirences" where you picked 3 items, usually 1 from each category with the option to upgrade and replace an item from ala carte menu at 50% off the menu price. In other words, if you didn't like any of the entree items on the Experience, you could choice from the ala carte menu at a discount.

Many offered the option of two apps in place of an app and dessert.

No! Trio is 3 restaurant for $69!! Not each! It's a great deal! Go for it!

Hi, is this deal include the service charge?

This is our first MSC cruise, we like the RC, and pay the service charge forward for the whole cruise.

Thanks ,Annette

Hi, is this deal include the service charge?

This is our first MSC cruise, we like the RC, and pay the service charge forward for the whole cruise.

Thanks ,Annette

When we were given the check at the end of dinner, it showed $0.00 balance. So assuming the service charge is factored in. If the service was really good, feel free to give a few extra bucks!