Ask me...Just back from MSC Seaside 10th to 17th Feb 2018

johnnyrotten1970

What category cabin were you in?

Any odors?

Did you go to any of the specialty restaurants?

How were the shows?

So happy your cruise was a good one!

I know you didn't as me, but I was also on this sailing as well as the next week's sailing.

Odors....yes, in various places but not all over the ship. Deck 10 midship and the Jungle Pool area are where we smelled it the most.

Went to all the Specialty Restaurants.....very good! Purchase the Trio if you can...it's a good deal!

The shows were great! The dancing, singing and staging were wonderful! The only problem we saw was that for "Butterflies" ( a shortened version of the Opera, "Madame Butterfly"), there was a huge butterfly on the set that blocked the English interpretation of the Italian that was being sung.

Don't miss "Timeless"...it's fantastic! Everyone seemed to enjoy Peter Punk as well!

We are just back from MSC Seaside. We sailed from 10th to 17th Feb 2018.

It was fabulous.

Feel free to ask me questions

Hi, we are sailing on the Seaside in May for 14 days. We are from Canada. Is the clientele more european, or more American? We have cruised 15 times, this will be our 3rd with MSC (other two were group trips on Divina)

Thanks!

Hi, we are sailing on the Seaside in May for 14 days. We are from Canada. Is the clientele more european, or more American? We have cruised 15 times, this will be our 3rd with MSC (other two were group trips on Divina)

Thanks!

We did a 14 day cruise (Feb 10-24). Compared to the second week, the first week was heavy european. The second week was Presidents holiday in the U.S. which I suspect added to the american representation. The difference was most notable during the BeerProv comedy show (which is great by the way). The first week the show was lightly attended and audience participation was much less rambunctious. The second week saw a drastic increase in attendance and audience participation (the american influence). The captain confirmed the Feb 10th week had a heavy european representation and the second week (Feb 17) had a heavy american representation.

Do you have any menus or pics of dinner dining ( not specialty restaurants)

this trio package what is it all about, you buy 3 dinners in a specialty restaurant for $69 each?

If you look on my Live from Seaside thread I have posted daily MDR menus and photos of what we had from the menus.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do you have any menus or pics of dinner dining ( not specialty restaurants)

this trio package what is it all about, you buy 3 dinners in a specialty restaurant for $69 each?

No! Trio is 3 restaurant for $69!! Not each! It's a great deal! Go for it!

I know that this may be a stupid question, but I'm not sure. What time do you have to be onboard and fully checked in I understand that the ship leaved at 7pm. So I'm not sure when to get there.

Thanks

6:30 is the official all aboard time.

Was White Night and Italian Night formal nights?

No.

Funny thing is....the last night of the cruise was Italian night but we didn't know that it was until we walked into the dining room and saw the wait staff in vests the colors of the Italian flag and the tables decorated in the colors. I had brought my red, green and white scarf to wear but of course didn't have it on....no one seemed to be dressed "Italian"

No.

Funny thing is....the last night of the cruise was Italian night but we didn't know that it was until we walked into the dining room and saw the wait staff in vests the colors of the Italian flag and the tables decorated in the colors. I had brought my red, green and white scarf to wear but of course didn't have it on....no one seemed to be dressed "Italian"

I think the nights got messed up because of the schedule change.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think the nights got messed up because of the schedule change.

It's interesting that MSC has kept "Italian" night on Caribbean sailings. I wonder if folks from other European countries commented negatively about it on Med sailings which caused MSC to change it to "Mediterranean" night? :confused:

Personally speaking, I miss the red, white and green theme of "Italian" night - the pale green table runners and waiters' aprons just don't have the same impact! (Also, the menu for "Med" night is meh! Probably the best night to use your Black Card complimentary dinner for 2 at a speciality restaurant. ;))

Probably the best night to use your Black Card complimentary dinner for 2 at a speciality restaurant.

Bea ...That is as long as they add it to the daily paper! they forgot on the Xmas cruise so no one that wanted to was dressed for the night.

Dave ... I was talking about non-Caribbean sailings when it's now "Mediterranean" night.

Mind you, the theme nights were very badly notified on the dailies on our Orchestra cruise, too. It's as though MSC are becoming ambiguous about what the night will be. For example, on one night, the theme on the front page stated 'red & white', but, inside, there was a section about the 'White' party. Most people wore white. I wore red and white and was asked by the social hostesses (they, and the entertainment team, were all in red & white) how did I know what the colours were?! Also, 'Mediterranean' night wasn't mentioned on the front page, either (on the bottom left-hand side it just said 'casual'). It was only when we went to dinner and saw the pale green aprons and table runners that we found out.

Edited by Beamafar

Bea ... Same thing with ours, we only found out when we entered the Dining room that evening.

I remember when the Seaside renderings thread started and the discussion was about the new technology that was being installed, I posited that MSC should post the menus for the day on the TVs and on the MSC for Me app. They could also post the theme of the day. This could be a more up-to-date method than the dailies - especially if there's a change after the dailies have been printed and distributed.

Bea ... Same thing with ours, we only found out when we entered the Dining room that evening.

Ive got a question. Is there a menu posted outside the MDR for the evenings dinner and or a way to view the menu on the tv? We are accustomed to doing that each day of the cruise so that we know if we want to eat in the MDR or elsewhere.

MDR menus are posted early AM everyday on the MSC for Me app! It is noted if theme/Elegant night.

app>restaurants>complementary> your MDR (listed on your cruise card)> menu icon in lower left

You can do the above on your device with App or on TV in cabin, or on the many huge touch screens throughout the ship.

Yeah I get paper too, at lunch in MDR they already have evening menu for you to look at...yes I remember punch cards but also embrqce the awesomness of technology.

MSC for Me is AWESOMENESS!

Cheers!

It's interesting that MSC has kept "Italian" night on Caribbean sailings. I wonder if folks from other European countries commented negatively about it on Med sailings which caused MSC to change it to "Mediterranean" night? :confused:

Personally speaking, I miss the red, white and green theme of "Italian" night - the pale green table runners and waiters' aprons just don't have the same impact! (Also, the menu for "Med" night is meh! Probably the best night to use your Black Card complimentary dinner for 2 at a speciality restaurant. ;))

The table runners and the waiters vests were all brightly colored Red, Green and White striped! And they played an Italian song while the waiters marched around the dining room.