Aruba for a week

judyf

We are doing a land vacation to Aruba this year instead of a cruise. 2 ladies 59-80-gets around good! I'm looking for some suggestions on things to do. We are renting a car and staying at Caribbean Palm Village.

What beach is best for shade and chairs and we can get drinks and food and where would we park?

Decent, nothing fancy places to eat, neither one of us eat seafood.

What best attractions to see if driving ourselves, I guess parking is my biggest question.

Any tips where NOT to go with a rental car?

Also can someone post the link so I can see what ships are in port. I had it years ago and lost it.

Thanks in advance for any tips

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping up to see if anyone has tips on where to eat and parking a rental car. Looks through the above mentioned site but still have many questions. we leave in 2 weeks.

I think that your resort has a shuttle that goes to Palm Beach. Parking in Palm Beach can be challenging. We stay in Eagle Beach and always take a taxi or bus to Palm Beach. There are places that rent chairs and umbrellas next to Holiday Inn, Surf Club, and near the piers. My favorite restaurants are Chalet Suisse, Barefoot, Madame Janettes, West Deck, Wilhelmina, Pinchos, Azzurro, Yemanja, Ricardos, Matthews, Elements. For casual, Pizza Bob's , Barneys, Smokey Joes, Iguana Joes.

For tours, there are snorkeling tours, sunset boat tours, jeep tours, bus tours, just about everything that you can think of. Your resort will probably have a concierge thst can help with this. You don't want to take your rental car off of the main roads, that are just 4 wheel accessible. For a first trip, I recommend taking a tour to the desert side of the island instead of trying to find your way by yourself. Aruba is very safe, so feel free to venture out at night. If you don't want to drive, you can always get a taxi.

Edited by Hatteras51