Your opinion-which nights will be gala???

moorerf

We are on a 12 day Med cruise out of Venice the end of April. My HAL rep has said there will be two gala nights. She had no idea which nights. This is a port intensive cruise with one sea day. (It is one week after departure) We leave most ports at 5 or 6 pm except for overnight in Malta. We have one early departure at 3 from Gozo but that is only two days after sea day. Ok- all my cruisers which nights do you think will be the gala nights??? I am trying to plan a couple of special dinings and was hoping to figure this out.....:)

We are on a 12 day Med cruise out of Venice the end of April. My HAL rep has said there will be two gala nights. She had no idea which nights. This is a port intensive cruise with one sea day. (It is one week after departure) We leave most ports at 5 or 6 pm except for overnight in Malta. We have one early departure at 3 from Gozo but that is only two days after sea day. Ok- all my cruisers which nights do you think will be the gala nights??? I am trying to plan a couple of special dinings and was hoping to figure this out.....:)

My guess would be second night of your cruise and next to last night would be gala.

First night and last night are never gala but for an unusual circumstance, maybe.

Sounds like a fantastic cruise. Hope you have a great time.

The number of "Gala" nights has sure decreased. We just got our cruise docs, and only 3 in 17 days. Now DH want to know why bother to take the suit... yes I will be packing it along with his sports jacket and dress pants. But he has a valid point.

On Kdam in May cruising the Med for 12 days, we only had 2 Gala nights. Second night and one near the end, if I remember correctly. We had assumed we would have more, but it was a very port intensive cruise and actually relieved only two were scheduled.

The number of "Gala" nights has sure decreased. We just got our cruise docs, and only 3 in 17 days. Now DH want to know why bother to take the suit... yes I will be packing it along with his sports jacket and dress pants. But he has a valid point.

You're right. It used to be 3 formal in 10 night cruise.......... Your DH has a good point. Why lug the 'gala' clothes for so few wearings.