Live From the Summit Flower Power Cruise 2/24-3/3/18

vtcruising

The 2019 bookings opened to the public today.... ;)

Thanks for the note.

Unfortunately we already have an Azamara cruise booked for about the same time next year (April 11th I believe). They are doing one round trip cruise out of NYC. We jumped on the chance to book so we could try them without having to fly.

Maybe 2020.

Thanks for the note.

Unfortunately we already have an Azamara cruise booked for about the same time next year (April 11th I believe). They are doing one round trip cruise out of NYC. We jumped on the chance to book so we could try them without having to fly.

Maybe 2020.

Sounds like a wonderful cruise too!

• 11 months later...

Hopefully someone will find this post one year later. I am thinking of the 2020 cruise and my major concern is "Will I get my money's worth in concerts? How crowded do they get and how many are "sold out" by queues an hour before?  how many can I get to see each day? etc etc. 

14 minutes ago, Maplemoose said:

Hopefully someone will find this post one year later. I am thinking of the 2020 cruise and my major concern is "Will I get my money's worth in concerts? How crowded do they get and how many are "sold out" by queues an hour before?  how many can I get to see each day? etc etc. 

We have done 2 of the FPC's so far and will be onboard again on March 30! You will get your money's worth in my opinion (or we wouldn't keep going back). Your SeaPass card will either be silver or gold. Silver has early dinner and late concert (9PM) each night and Gold has early concert (7PM) and late dinner. If you book early enough, you can choose. There were 7 of those concerts (the bigger names - this year it will be the Beach Boys, Tommy James and the Shondells, Blood Sweat and Tears, Jefferson Starship, Lovin' Spoonful and More) - you can start lining up early if you want front row seats - the doors open a half hour before the show or just show up a few minutes ahead of time. There will be enough seats for everyone (they are very strict about checking for Gold and Silver cards), though obviously the front seats will be taken first. We always show up about 10-20 minutes ahead and get fine seats.

On Sea Days there are concerts at the pool. These are a free for all. There are some rows of chairs set up, but some watch from the pool or hot tubs, others up by the bar above and others sit in the pool lounge chairs around the pool and one deck up. These are usually a lot of fun and actually some of my favorite concerts - lots of dancing and a fun party atmosphere. There are often concerts by the pool in the late evening too, after the late concert. Again, great concerts and lots of fun.

There are other concerts going on in the smaller venues throughout the day and evening - some of the tribute bands or other musicians play or have singalongs. One time we were out by the pool and Mike Nesmith's son (onboard one year) and his partner were singing and playing guitars and everyone just grabbed chairs and joined in.  Anyone with talent was invited to sing or play - so much fun!  Cheech and Chong are onboard this year so we should have some great shows from them. There are great Q+A's with the performers that are not to missed, autograph sessions, a Beatles lecture series that is by a renowned expert and lectures on Woodstock from the Woodstock Museum at Bethel Woods curator. There was a fun Talent Show last year with guests and a few of the crew - very well done and so much fun!

Anyway, it's also about the peace and love vibe - we decorate our doors, dress in tie dye and bell bottoms and have costumes for several theme nights. I will be reporting on the upcoming cruise so hopefully this will also be a great cruise. We will know soon enough!

Thank you. Can you tell me is there anytime dining as on a regular Celebrity cruise? I presume one can use the buffet to have a quick meal to see more performances. Also, does Celebrity drop the drink perk for this cruise? 

1 minute ago, Maplemoose said:

Thank you. Can you tell me is there anytime dining as on a regular Celebrity cruise? I presume one can use the buffet to have a quick meal to see more performances. Also, does Celebrity drop the drink perk for this cruise? 

If you are Gold you eat at the late seating - between ~8-8:30, I believe, and Silver ~ 6:30-7. The buffet and specialties are also available. It's a charter so no free drink packages. The packages are available for purchase.

8 hours ago, vtcruising said:

If you are Gold you eat at the late seating - between ~8-8:30, I believe, and Silver ~ 6:30-7. The buffet and specialties are also available. It's a charter so no free drink packages. The packages are available for purchase.

Actually, I found the actual show and dining times from last year:

The Gold Show was at 6:30 and dining is listed as 8:30-9:15 for MDR, Luminae and Blu though we were told 8:15 at Blu was fine and it will stay open until all have finished.

The Silver group’s show is 9:00 and allotted dining time in all three places was 5:45-6:30 (start time, could probably dine until 8:00-8:15. Of course, the buffet is also open throughout. Sushi on 5, Le Petit Chef and Tuscan are open as specialty restaurants.

We should be able to access the program schedule on the website this week so will see what has changed.

The 2020 cruise goes on sale to the public on 4/11/19. It is on sale right now for those who booked last year to book the same cabin.