February 17-24, 2018 - It's Gonna Be Magical - or was it? My review.

GeorgiaMomof4

You are so right. A vacation is what you make of it. It seems like so many people are negative:(

and nit picking, where I like you, try to find the "positive" things that I see and do.:) Once again, thank you for a wonderful review and pictures.

If you have posted this, I have not read it, but I assume, you never got your phone back, or it was turned in? How sad.

God bless you and your family in taking in the children as you do.

Beshears - Thanks so much for reading and following along. I wish it hadn't taken me so long to finish my review, but with 6 kids life does sometimes get in the way.

Unfortunately my phone was never turned in. A very costly lesson learned. After using my daughter's old phone which wouldn't hold charge for 3 weeks, I finally bit the bullet and went and got me a new phone. I did take the insurance out this time - probably will never need it again but it's there in case.

Believe me, we are the ones who receive the blessing with these children. They bring so much joy and sunshine to us that's it's just amazing. Since adopting William and Justin we have only done respite and haven't had a long term placement but our home is still open and we hope to do a long term placement one day again before long. With our ages and their activity level we just aren't sure we are ready for another little one just yet. We have so many people tell us that they don't think they could do it, that they couldn't let them go when the time came and it is hard, I won't lie. But, if everyone felt that way, where would all these children go? Having other children in our home we have to remember that Glen and I aren't the only ones who feel loss when the children move on - our own children have gotten attached to them just as we have and it hurts them as well. I always tell my husband (and sometimes he has to remind me) and our other children that God placed us in the lives of these children for a time....a time when they needed someone to love them, make them feel safe and secure and in turn to let them go when that time came. It's not for the faint of heart though.

Thanks again for reading!

I'll be cruising on the Fantasy in May - my oldest daughter is graduating college - the first in our family to actually graduate and I'll try and do a review then as well.

In reading about your lost phone, my first thought was "its in the fridge with the soup." That's totally something I would do. Sorry that happened to you. We're headed out on the Magic in May and appreciate your review. Thanks!!

LOL - that's hilarious. We spent about 30 minutes looking for my daughter Lindsey's phone while she was home

for spring break. We looked everywhere and she had just had it. Ended up being in the refrigerator (she had helped me put up some groceries and had laid it down in there then)!

You'll have a great time on the Magic!

Thanks for reading.

Yes, God blesses those, who bless each other. Your young children who you have taken in, I'm sure they do not realize how life could have been, if you and your husband had not taken them in. It takes a certain type of person with a BIG heart to do this, and I believe you folks have that. Yes, once I get attached to a small child, it would be hard for me to give them up. My son and wife have 7 boys, and that makes up the rest of the 15 (3 sons) grandchildren I have. When Declan the last of the 7 was born, we knew something would be wrong with him, but Patsy and James (my son) decided to have the baby born and deal with the situation as good as possible. Declan was born Spina Bifida. Actually he has been a blessing in disguise in some ways. He is a smart young boy, going to public school, and the children in his class treat him like they would anyone else, other than he is in a wheel chair, and we don't know if he will ever walk, along with having many surgeries, but he has been a trooper all the way. There has been so much love to give to him, not only from his 6 brothers, but from the rest of our large family. Like your young sons, we don't know what is ahead of them, or Declan, but God is in charge, and he will take care of them. God bless your family.