Checking into flight while at sea

$15/each way per person.

$30 round trip.

Or do you only fly one way to the port?

They are only concerned about their flight home, as they will be able to use their home internet to check in 24 hours prior to their flight to the cruise.

$15/each way per person.

$30 round trip.

Or do you only fly one way to the port?

You can book EB on just the return flight, so it is $ 15/pp. I never book EB on the outbound flight since I usually have internet access and can check in 24 hours in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Some ships offer a special last day VOOM package of 60 minutes for $10. The next step up is $23 for Surf for 24 hour. You can also make friends with someone on board and ask to borrow their VOOM to check in.

Good point, I've seen that lower charge VOOM package on a few ships.

If only two people,just get early check in for one if money is an issue. Then they can save a seat for other person.

I personally have not done this, but known others who have.

And since seat saving is frowned on, i would only save one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

We are a family of four with two kids. I guess we will suck it up and do early check-in.

I've never paid for Early Bird check in with Southwest (or any other airline for that matter) so I don't know what it costs but I would think it would be cheaper to pay for 24 hrs. of internet access on the ship. Purchase internet on the last day of the cruise and then just check in from the ship.

Good point, maybe we will do this instead.

:mad:

We are a family of four with two kids. I guess we will suck it up and do early check-in.

If one the kids is really young (I think it's under 5), Southwest does family boarding after the A group. You can check in at the airport, get a C group boarding pass, but you still get to board before the Bs. Once I paid for Early Bird, ended up in B group, and I counted over 50 people doing family boarding (Orlando flight). So in reality I paid $15 to be in C group.

:mad:

If one the kids is really young (I think it's under 5), Southwest does family boarding after the A group. You can check in at the airport, get a C group boarding pass, but you still get to board before the Bs. Once I paid for Early Bird, ended up in B group, and I counted over 50 people doing family boarding (Orlando flight). So in reality I paid $15 to be in C group.

I have to fly to Orlando once in a while for work, and this is a reason I'll never, ever take Southwest to Orlando. I made that mistake once and had the same thing happen to me...never again.