POA Hawaii - Port, Starboard or Aft?

BethV114

We will likely be sailing POA next April for my 40th birthday trip. We will be sailing with our DD, who will be 9, and have found that balcony cabins work best with her. Which location should we book for the best views while sailing between islands - port, starboard or aft?

Thank you!

We will likely be sailing POA next April for my 40th birthday trip. We will be sailing with our DD, who will be 9, and have found that balcony cabins work best with her. Which location should we book for the best views while sailing between islands - port, starboard or aft?

Thank you!

Port side for Napali Coast. Someone added the other day aft would actually be better since you'd be able to see either side. YMMV.

Cadillac Diner was a great place for a quick snack.

Have a great trip.

Thank you!

Most of the time we were cruising between islands "at night" so we didn't see a lot. It gets dark fairly early in April if I remember correctly. The ports in Hawaii are mostly "industrial ports" so again not great views from your cabin... you will cruise by the Nepali Coast during the day which comes after you leave Kuaii - we were on deck 6 for a special "Latitudes" party and it was fabulous! We found that we used the POA as a floating hotel and didn't spend much time on-board so our cabin location didn't matter as much!

Definitely port for the Napali coast. The only time starboard is better is if the lava is flowing to the sea when you sail from Hilo to Kona. Lava is not always flowing to the sea, but the Napali coast is always there.