Change in OBC this week, what if I upgrade?

MizDemeanor

I see a change in the OBC offerred this week to only a Latitudes amount for us....if we decide to upgrade our cabin (a second time) will I lose the OBC that I got on the second upgrade do you think?

I will call and be sure but would appreciate any precall info and experience details.

Thanks!

I upgraded (purchased, not via bid) from H7 to H3 and at the time, they were offering $500 OBC for the H3. But they didn't give it to me, and when I asked they said no the OBC stays the same as it was at the time of original purchase. Maybe because I was already paid in full for the H7?

I upgraded (purchased, not via bid) from H7 to H3 and at the time, they were offering $500 OBC for the H3. But they didn't give it to me, and when I asked they said no the OBC stays the same as it was at the time of original purchase. Maybe because I was already paid in full for the H7?

I was already paid in full too. Outright pay every penny upgrade. You might want to push that response up the line.

I was already paid in full too. Outright pay every penny upgrade. You might want to push that response up the line.

Wow, thank you for the heads up, it seemed a little shady to me. It was through CAS. I called and asked about the upgrade, they told me the price, I said ok. Card was charged in full while I was still on the line with them. They told me to wait up to an hour for my NCL online account to reflect the changes. Several hours went by with no change, so I called back up and they tell me "we've been trying to get ahold of you, you were misquoted this morning, now its going to be X amount more" to which I basically replied (very courteously) I'm sorry but that doesn't sound right or seem fair. The guy got argumentative with me, at which point I asked to speak to a supervisor who put the purchase through and sent me confirmation, which I checked while we were still on the phone. When I saw the missing OBC, I asked, and the response I received was No, it stays the same as the time of your original booking. I got the feeling they used that to offset the amount that I was "misquoted", as it was the same amount. I haven't gone on the cruise yet, maybe I will call back and ask again.

If it is a cancel and rebook, you would get the current promotions. If they just upgrade your current reservation, you keep the promos at the time of original booking. You can not get both.

No cancel and rebook; in full payment already made mode. I wanna buy more. And so I did.

Wow, thank you for the heads up, it seemed a little shady to me. It was through CAS. I called and asked about the upgrade, they told me the price, I said ok. Card was charged in full while I was still on the line with them. They told me to wait up to an hour for my NCL online account to reflect the changes. Several hours went by with no change, so I called back up and they tell me "we've been trying to get ahold of you, you were misquoted this morning, now its going to be X amount more" to which I basically replied (very courteously) I'm sorry but that doesn't sound right or seem fair. The guy got argumentative with me, at which point I asked to speak to a supervisor who put the purchase through and sent me confirmation, which I checked while we were still on the phone. When I saw the missing OBC, I asked, and the response I received was No, it stays the same as the time of your original booking. I got the feeling they used that to offset the amount that I was "misquoted", as it was the same amount. I haven't gone on the cruise yet, maybe I will call back and ask again.

Not sure how CAS works....I'm just a regular cruiser, you are the big spend on board, so they should surely give you the deal. Good Luck in your efforts.

Not sure how CAS works....I'm just a regular cruiser, you are the big spend on board, so they should surely give you the deal. Good Luck in your efforts.

Thank you, the whole thing just seemed really funny to me. I'm probably one of the most easygoing people, but it just rubbed me the wrong way. #1 the guys attitude on the phone, and #2 the situation itself. I likened it to buying a jacket in the mall, paying for it, then as I'm getting in my car the employee swings my door open and says give me another 20 bucks it was more money than the tag said.