Table sharing for dinner

Matsurida

Been on MSC once before but had anytime dining. This time we haven't booked Aurea and will have the early dinner seating (Magnifica). How likely is it that we're assigned a table for four... or to put it another way: are we likely to be seated together at one table with another family? And if so, do they try and match up languages spoken at all ( which was my experience on RCCL a few years back, for example)?

I have yet to sail on MSC....but have cruised many times on other lines. A party of 4 is a perfect number for your own table...whether it be a booth or a regular table. I find when you have like a group of 5 (like when we cruised with my 3 children)....many times you are seated at a round table which can hold 8....thats where another couple may be added to your table. However we have also been seated at a booth for 4 and my youngest sat at the end of the table on a chair. So anything is possible

I see. Thanks a million for your speedy replies!:D

FYI...I was assuming you were a group of 4.... If it is just 2 of you.... True tables of 2 are hard to come by. Your more likely to get a table of 2 separated by 12" from the table next to you....

Yeah, you assumed right. We're four- two adults, two small(ish) kids. Just not sure we're the table-sharing types... and only have 3 languages and I'm worried about being sat night after night with people in silence because we can't communicate. Guess we'll wait and see what happens. There's always the buffet... :)

Been on MSC once before but had anytime dining. This time we haven't booked Aurea and will have the early dinner seating (Magnifica). How likely is it that we're assigned a table for four... or to put it another way: are we likely to be seated together at one table with another family? And if so, do they try and match up languages spoken at all ( which was my experience on RCCL a few years back, for example)?

Yes they do try to match up.