Info on Breakaway Family oceanview w/ large window (deck 5)

KittyloverCA

we have the above type of room booked (5174)

It says it sleeps up to 5 and we are trying to figure out the configuration, it’s hard to tell from the floorplan

The main bed is 2 pushed together. Then there seems to be perhaps a sofa bed that sleeps 2. Is there a pull down bed somewhreee? Where is it located?

My kids don’t like to sleep together so I’m trying to figure out how it’s configured.

We can get a balcony or mini suite for just a little more, but they don’t seem to have more room and they state bedding area for 3-4 where this one says bedding for 4-5

Would there be any advantage space-wise to upgrading? On our particular cruise there don’t seem to be family mini suites or balconies available, so it seems like this is the best bet

Thoughts?

Wr are in the same category. From the YT videos I’ve searched, the fifth sleeping option is in the ceiling. Balcony will give you a different bathroom; one sink and a shower. You will have a similar bathroom to the OV you have booked, plus a balcony with the mini. I suggest viewing the spreadsheet of Breakaway cabins (perhaps someone could add a link) and view videos out there. Let us know what you decided. We’re sticking with our OV since we really wanted that bathroom configuration and the window seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes there is a bunk that pulls down from the ceiling over the sofabed by the window. You don't mention if you have 2 or 3 kids, so if you have 2 the sofabed is plenty roomy for one kid and the other on the bunk. It would be the same in a quad balcony or minisuite (if you have 4 people not 5).

There are a few videos of family oceanview staterooms on youtube. This one is of 5146 on the Breakaway and shows the couch and the pull down bed in sleeping positions.

Second video also from the Breakaway of cabin 5164 shows the couch in regular position and ceiling bed retracted.

We have 4 total but my kids will want separate beds, and I could only see the couch in the NCL floorplan.

When we on the star a few years ago we had an ocean view but it was really small with the beds pulling down over the main bed

Thanks for the info!

Edited by KittyloverCA

We have 4 total but my kids will want separate beds, and I could only see the couch in the NCL floorplan.

When we on the star a few years ago we had an ocean view but it was really small with the beds pulling down over the main bed

Thanks for the info!

We just got back from the escape we had an oceanview on deck 5 (5752) we had a great week

It was a king bed (or two twins if separate) and then a couch that will "pull out " to a bed for two. Fifth bed is pulled down from ceiling. We found the room to be plenty of space for the 5 of us and our luggage. The bathroom is large too. However we did not spend a lot of time in our room. So much to do on that ship!

I will add the couch bed did sleep my two teen boys (5'8 and 6'2) and it was not the most spacious but they got a free cruise so they are smart enough not to complain to me. We asked our room steward to leave the bunk beds set up all day bc they came in and out all day and took naps, read, etc

There is a curtain that can separate the bunk area from the king bed, we used that if someone needed to change clothes and bathroom was occupied. Can't say we were all in the room at the same time except to sleep.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...

If there are 4 in the cabin, they can open the couch up to only a twin size, giving you more floor space. That’s what they did on our recent sailing. If it is a party of 5, or upon request, the sofa will be full or queen I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums