Picking Room

cruisinforfun9

Hi -

We are looking to book our first MSC cruise (been on many on RCCL, NCL, P&O). I'm trying to book on their website selecting a balcony room and the Bella experience. It says all experiences can pick their room and it let's me select choose your room instead of going with the one assigned but when I do that there are no available rooms. This is for a November cruise so I'm confident it's not the last room in this category combo and when I go to other websites like expedia, etc, I have no problem picking from a wide variety of rooms in this category. I even tried upgrading to one of the other experiences and it still only give me one room to choose from.

I'm a pretty smart person, I think, so what am I missing on the MSC site. I've spent so much time fussing with this, I could have just called but now I'm just determined to figure out how to pick my room.

Help!

Hi,

try a different browser (Chrome) and/or try a different device (mobile, iPad/iPhone/Android).

I was able to choose different cabin using Chrome APP on my iPhone and place my reservation.

On my PC (with Windows 10) and Edge/Explorer/Firefox the cabin selection did not work.

Hi -

We are looking to book our first MSC cruise (been on many on RCCL, NCL, P&O). I'm trying to book on their website selecting a balcony room and the Bella experience. It says all experiences can pick their room and it let's me select choose your room instead of going with the one assigned but when I do that there are no available rooms. This is for a November cruise so I'm confident it's not the last room in this category combo and when I go to other websites like expedia, etc, I have no problem picking from a wide variety of rooms in this category. I even tried upgrading to one of the other experiences and it still only give me one room to choose from.

I'm a pretty smart person, I think, so what am I missing on the MSC site. I've spent so much time fussing with this, I could have just called but now I'm just determined to figure out how to pick my room.

Help!

:mad:

There web site continues to be a nightmare, i am having the same problem.:mad::mad:

Why does everyone seem to insist on using the MSC site??? All I hear about is how often people are having problems with the site. Use a internet booking engine...There are a bunch of good ones out there who are excellent. Very easy to navigate...gives you pricing for each experience...shows you available cabins and provides additional incentives (i.e. OBC)..... I realize people may have special needs....but I always book my cruise online through one of these agencies. Very easy and great support (when/if you need it)...When I was waiting for a YC cabin to open up....thats how I found one on the cruise week I selected....Took me about 10 days of checking...but one finally opened up.

Why does everyone seem to insist on using the MSC site??? All I hear about is how often people are having problems with the site. Use a internet booking engine...There are a bunch of good ones out there who are excellent. Very easy to navigate...gives you pricing for each experience...shows you available cabins and provides additional incentives (i.e. OBC)..... I realize people may have special needs....but I always book my cruise online through one of these agencies. Very easy and great support (when/if you need it)...When I was waiting for a YC cabin to open up....thats how I found one on the cruise week I selected....Took me about 10 days of checking...but one finally opened up.

What is your best site to book?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi! One more question. It looks like some external sites cost more money even though they offer an OBC. If I book on MSCs website, is the deposit non refundable? I’m used to the good old days when everything was refundable but now seeing options to buy refundable vs non but MSCs site didn’t give me an option but looks like in reading it’s a non refundable deposit.?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is refundable.

Hi! One more question. It looks like some external sites cost more money even though they offer an OBC. If I book on MSCs website, is the deposit non refundable? I’m used to the good old days when everything was refundable but now seeing options to buy refundable vs non but MSCs site didn’t give me an option but looks like in reading it’s a non refundable deposit.?

Yeah....I wish I could tell you the name of the agencies....LOL...I have several who are atleast equal to MSC before the OBC.... But as Riclop said its refundable....Actually its like booking with MSC....They just are the middleman. MSC would be shown on your Credit Card statement for the cabin purchase should you use one of these agencies.

Yeah....I wish I could tell you the name of the agencies....LOL...I have several who are atleast equal to MSC before the OBC.... But as Riclop said its refundable....Actually its like booking with MSC....They just are the middleman. MSC would be shown on your Credit Card statement for the cabin purchase should you use one of these agencies.

I wish you could too lol! I think I know which one you are referring to above but there is a refundable and non refundable price, in order to get the price that msc offers + the obc, I have to go w the non refundable. The refundable price goes up $100pp basically making the $175 obc a wash.

Thanks for your advice, I’ll keep looking around.