How much time to get to SJU airport leaving "Fascination"

LE

We are wondering if it practical to book an 11:10 am flight from San Juan airport SJU following debarkation from "Fascination" on Sunday, October 14, 2018? How does the timing generally go for most leaving the ship and getting to the airport?

Thanks. I sorta thought it sounded like catching that flight would be calling it a bit too close. Would you have a suggestion as to what the earliest flight time out of SJU one might want to consider?

We have made a 9:30 flight but you have to be first off and encounter no issues. Remember there is an Agricultural screening at SJU-- I think 11 am is do-able if you are early off while there are plenty of taxis certainly noon is fine

Thanks. We would like to go with Southwest AL, but 11:10 a.m. is the latest one they show that day flying out of SJU back here to Austin, TX. Guess we will ponder it a bit before deciding.

Thanks WiddyTwo and jayowl - sounds hopeful. What does "two words self assist" mean? And how would that work? Do you have some advice to help in getting off the ship earliest as possible?

If you have FTTF and self assist your luggage off, it is probable (with no ship delays) to be off the Fascination by 8:30. Last time I used FTTF on the Fascination, I was in my hotel room by 9:30 a.m. eating breakfast and relaxing. That being said, for peace of mind, you may want to book at least noon or later. I fly to STT(which is literally 14 minutes from wheels up to wheels down) and my flight back for my May cruise is at 3 p.m. I am not a fan of rushing around after cruising. Then again, I live my life in "island time" anyway. Good luck! :)

When you get your luggage tags go to guest services and tell them you have an early flight. You will get a 1 but you need to carry your luggage off-self assist. When we got off from the Feb 18th cruise customs delayed debark so no one got off until 9ish.

You don't need to have FTTF to be off the ship early. Yes, the top tiers in Carnival's loyalty program and FTTF passengers are given priority debarkation, those with "self-assist" are usually the group that follows. In order to "self assist" you need to take all your luggage with you around the ship when leaving instead of leaving it out the door the night before and having the crew take it off for you. If you're doing self assist, you don't need any luggage tags either from you room steward or guest services. Even when the debarkation process is running late, you should be off the ship by 9am. If there are lines at the customs area you might opt to hire a porter for a few bucks. They have a separate line and usually go through much faster. Taxis outside the terminal are plentiful and you'd have no problems getting one. Sunday traffic, especially at that time of day is light, so you should make the trip to SJU in about 20 mins. or less.

Make sure you make a beeline to the US Agriculture inspection area before you check your bags. TSA Precheck in SJU is a plus for times like this.

Great things exchanged here. I solved it by getting a different flight that leaves at 1:00 p.m. So I guess I'm good. Thanks for the good thoughts.